NRA competitor Portal

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

NRA competitor Portal

Post by 375Short »

The last entry made on my portal by the NRA was in early May. Is this how far behind Portal entries seem to be for others? I emailed an inquiry to the NRA about a month ago with no response. I’m sure, like many of you, things have changed, like a class move or two, a number of 10 in rows and slam completions. The rule says the competitor must show a current classification card, fortunately we are an honest bunch, because the honor system seems to be the only way “current” can be presented.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Re: NRA competitor Portal

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Who knows...I have a match director who's scores appear randomly and then I have others that are very quick ie next month. I haven't had my Lapua Super Shoot scores posted, they weren't my first year due to wrong NRA#, posted my 2nd, still waiting which would make me AAA for Hunter which I'm not sure if it will be posted. I've entered matches as AAA hunter from now on despite the "official" statement.

Most of us know how to conduct ourselves. =))
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

If you go here https://competitor.nra.org/Login.aspx COMPETITIVE SHOOTING DASH BOARD you can Pay A Fee to see your classifications. After you pay... Then after about a month you receive 1 card showing 1 classification. On the website - after you pay for the privileges' of seeing you own classification - it shows all of my classifications. That's HP Hunter and Standard, three lever classification and two small-bore classifications. I printed the webpage out and the shooters running the TX State Smallbore match allowed the printed webpage as proper evidence of my classifications.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

Shelly quit. I don't know if anyone does it anymore. I'm a MD and my last entry on my personal is 6/10/23. I have submitted results from my matches since then so nothing appears to be posted since 6/10/23. Good luck fixing it, as you won't, because nobody cares. =)) :)) :((
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I submitted the TSRA state match scores probably early June. I recently submitted a bunch of club match scores. Yes, Shelly is no longer there.

Aaron Farmer responded and Terry/Theresa Sutherland with NRA competitive shooting division responded.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

hugh wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:37 pm Shelly quit. I don't know if anyone does it anymore. I'm a MD and my last entry on my personal is 6/10/23. I have submitted results from my matches since then so nothing appears to be posted since 6/10/23. Good luck fixing it, as you won't, because nobody cares. =)) :)) :((
Just heard this yesterday... makes sense why everything is so far behind. It is what it is...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

It’s a shame.
My portal fee has been up to date since they went to that system. The NRA obligation of keeping the information on the portal up to date has been met, nearly never. It would be interesting, entertaining, justified and maybe effective to file a fraud charge in a local court. For me a few hours of time at the local magistrate, for them, a pain in the ass. I’m no lawyer but I believe when a business mandates a fee for participation and a promise/contract as a record keeping service they should be legally obligated to provide the service for which we paid. Seems ridiculous to even have that thought but it is also ridicules, lazy, incompetent, unethical and disappointing for the NRA not to fulfill their obligations. I don’t like being a bellyacher but they aggravate and disappoint the heck out of me.

I have heard them claim to be short staffed, they are not short staffed, they don’t allocate enough staffing to the shooting sports. I have been to the HQ in Virginia. It’s big and full of lots of well dressed people with expensive cars in the parking lot. Apparently whatever it is they get paid for, customer service and data entry is not it. The ones getting paid to ask for money seem very eager, they call about three times a week. Put them to work on data entry and keep the shooting sports records up to date.

No doubt the NRA has folks that work hard everyday but in the end the customers are not getting the service or product they pay for in any measure close to timely.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

I just want to say that as of today all of my matches are up to date, including Lapua Super Shoot and PA Championship. It seems like the NRA are doing their part...at least for me, so it might be your match directors not doing something right, double check NRA# etc.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

That is good news, I hope I’m the odd one out for everyones sake. I have one correct entry back in March and one entry dated August for the Texas Highpower championship that is entered as Smallbore, it wasn’t shot in August and it was more than one match. Not an entry for any National match, Club matches or the Western Championship. Also no answer to emails trying to help sort it out. Whatever has gone wrong it is across multiple match directors and I would have had to write my competitor number down incorrectly multiple times. It seems more likely to be at the data entry point. I’m persistent, eventually someone will answer a phone or email.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

My scores seem to be up to date to about mid June, then one club match in August... nothing else beyond that.

:-??
Allen Corneau
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Update-I got an email response from the NRA. Asking what on my portal wasn’t up to date “we update every 24 hours”. So I supplied all the missing match dates for the last 5 months. Then I thought I may want to check my wife’s Portal, we have shot the same matches. Not a single entry for 2023 and yes her fee is paid. 🤷‍♂️ I have gone most of my life with my stuff getting screwed up but I didn’t know your spouse could catch it. In all this missing data is a completed slam. Sure hope the nice lady solves the mystery.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Update 1.0 - Aaron and company worked the problem and we seem to be in a better portal place.

Important takeaways to safeguard your Portal data:

1. Make sure you have one competitor number and one only. I know we don’t issue these to ourselves but it can go like this; You compete with the same number showing on your cards for many…..years and that’s the number you supply to match entries. In our case as none NRA members, then you join the NRA. Someplace behind the scenes that assigns you a new number and suddenly not a thing makes it onto your portal. I’m told the fix is to call membership services and make sure your competitor number transfers into your membership.

2. If you shot a 10 in a Row and would like to work that into a SLAM do not walk away from the form without the yellow copy in your hand and keep that copy until you have a slam pin in hand.

3. They are behind on portal data entry. Short sentence for a smorgasbord of stated internal and external reasons.

4. Good luck - see one and two.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

375short that's fantastic news! Glad things were sorted and I hope this helps others.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

It’s time to renew the 2024 Portal Fee.
Make sure you check your last year’s Activity to see if it’s up to date.
Don’t expect any new classification cards if you advanced.
Hope all of you kept some records of matches you shot 2023.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I just registered the TSRA High Power Championship with NRA.

I also checked my portal and the last entry was May 2022.

I have been the TSRA High Power director since 2020 I thought, but it only looks like the 2020 and 2021 scores were entered. I will follow up about the 2022 and 2023 scores, since they were all submitted.

I just registered all of the remaining 2024 Austin Rifle Club smallbore matches as approved matches FYI.

I'll check the competitor number vs NRA number. I typically only put the NRA number on the results submittals that I have been doing.