Everyone OK down there around Pe Ell?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

They just logged that area 2 months ago. Maybe they should've waited till next year or maybe they should just stop cutting down trees for things that can be made out of other stuff rather than wood. :(
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Has all the silhouette crew that lives down around that area been heard from and are known to be safe and sound by now? From the sound of it, they're a long way from getting all the basics like power and phone going to some areas yet, but I'm hoping at least everyone is safe and looking toward fixing/rebuilding what's lost. It's been mighty cold the last day or two to be without somewhere dry and warm.

This reminds me of a question. Sounds like Pe Ell was pretty devastated by the flooding. Do you think the roads and infrastructure will be back up and running well enough for the Conard Cup? True, it's a long way away but there's also a lot to be done. I grew up in hurricane country and sometimes it takes a few months just to see what all needs to be done, much less make any progress toward fixing it. Maybe we could set up a couple days sometime from January to March to have a bunch of us come in and help out the club to get it fixed back up in time if necessary.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Gary and Steve are supposed to make a showing at TSC tomorrow per Steve, so we'll get the low down and pass it on.
ImageImage
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

shakes wrote:They just logged that area 2 months ago. Maybe they should've waited till next year or maybe they should just stop cutting down trees for things that can be made out of other stuff rather than wood. :(
I thought everyone knew clear cutting was bad resource management? Not to mention dangerously dumb...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BB,
Just because it is bad managment practices doesn't mean you pay attention to that detail.

Mordecai..if there is anything we can do to help out let us know.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Mary, are you suggesting greed might trump sense?!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

BlauBear wrote:Mary, are you suggesting greed might trump sense?!
As an amateur student of human nature, people's feelings often win out over their ability to reason. It's when they use feelings to reason is when you really get in trouble...

Saw Steve and Gary today - they are well. Sounds like the water stopped short of both of their homes. The area looks like a war zone but they're all pitching in the clean up the area. A lot of washed out bridges. No one's seen the range yet due to access.
ImageImage
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

As an amateur student of human nature, people's feelings often win out over their ability to reason. It's when they use feelings to reason is when you really get in trouble...
How true and very well said Mike.

If there is anything we can do to help out let us know, I will even squeeze out extra time to come help out on the range if necessary.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to here that Steve and Gary made out ok, flooding is not fun.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Thanks, Mike, for the news. Steve's alright. Gary's alright. Hey that stirs up memories of an old song. The Cars maybe?

So Mike, does that mean it's ok to revert to our normal behavior? What with you being a student of human nature, I kinda figured you'd know.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

dwl wrote:So Mike, does that mean it's ok to revert to our normal behavior? What with you being a student of human nature, I kinda figured you'd know.
Nothing's normal around here with you bunch of minstrels.

Oh, and it's Surrender by Simple Plan (whoever they are... gotta love the internet...)

Mommy
ImageImage
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Hi everybody,

I just got my internet and phone lines back Saturday. As you have heard we are ok. I had a lot of friends that pretty much lost everything. Some had as little as 14" of water to 7' of water in their homes. The water was 100 yards from my house. I think we lost around 5 bridges around my area. The water came up so fast the many people almost got caught in their homes. Because they were saying that it wasn't gonig to be as bad as 1996. But this was at least 6' higher than 96 on my bridge. The picture of the slide on the way to the range is kinda miss leading. It was a clear cut but it was also where their spring came out of the ground. And with the heavy rains bad things happen. Up Weyerhaeuser we lost 7000 acres of standing timber due to the heavy rains and winds which almost all came down the river. I think we had from 1 1/2 to 3 feet of snow in the hills that melted in 24 hours. This was bad. I have been working on some houses and am back to work now as well. I haven't been able to look at range yet but will be able soon. I was very lucky 100 yards away they weren't. We have so much support and help from people from all around the country, it is hard to beleive. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I will try to get some picture out. Maybe Mike can help me.

Steve