Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm Scope for Smallbore silhouette?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
bjd
B Poster
B Poster

Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm Scope for Smallbore silhouette?

Post by bjd »

Will a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm Scope work for a hunter class smallbore silhouette Rifle?
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Power

Post by Travelor »

Yes, but the power of the scope will make seeing the 1/5 scale criters hard. Wife and I shoot on 12x but most shoot with much more magnification.

Might look for something with variable power up to 20x or so.

George
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

Bjd, I'll take a stab at some recommendations if you don't mind....

If you already have the bushnell 10x, then start shooting it and bring it out for a match :P I have shot several matches with only a 6x and my best score so far came while shooting with my current scope set at 12x.

If you don't have bushnell yet, and don't want to spend $$$, get a weaver kt15 or v16. They aren't the best but they will absolutely work. (And work better than the bushnell you are considering.) An adjustable objective capable of focusing at 40m is more important than you might think.

Or if you are ready to spend money on the last scope you will need, run over to Tom and Joes in Wheat Ridge and talk to Tom about ordering a Leupold EFR 6.5-20. The price will be the best you will find, but it's more than double the bushnell or weaver.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Orange, does tom and joes have kt15s Where are they at specifically??
jeff59
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jeff59 »

Kevin,

If you're looking for a KT-15 watch eBay. The auction prices start at about $125 and run up over $250. I paid $150 for mine and it's in very good shape. I've seen them listed new as low as $230. You can look through mine the next time we're at a match.

Jeff
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

Kevin, Tom and Joes is basically a shop the size of compact car over by I-70 and Youngsfeild (see map) http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=19564881
I know he doesn't carry stock for scopes because he is small and the customer base is all cops. So he really only keeps ammo, service pistols, AR's, and service shotguns in regular stock. But the secret is Tom will order whatever you want at prices that are generally 10% lower than any internet buy. That may not sound like much but it when your talking Leupold prices, 10% is a chunk of change its very nice. Think of him as Chicken George of Denver with a FFL. The last two guns I bought from Tom, where too cheap :wink: I felt like I should go back and pay more. He also usually has a case or two of wolf mt laying around for cheap. Unfortunately someone has already cleared him out of last year's stock and I ended up with his last three bricks before his next shipment comes in with the new '08 price hike.

Anyway for a KT15 I don't think it's worth the drive. Just go to optics zone http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=2522 and buy it for $219. That way you don't end up watching ebay for a month to pay $150 for someone's only dropped once scope. (note I got burned once, but many like Jeff have had great luck with Ebay) Another plus for buying a new KT15 is if you save the box / paperwork you can always resell it on ebay for $195 net ready for a new scope. (if you lose the box/paperwork= $150 on ebay)
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I have really run into a problem today with wifes and sons scopes. Bush
banner series. Sons is repeating very well and have problem with turret on Wifes. I am in Denver all the time for work and that is right by a guy I have to see often. I will start looking for a fixed 24 and a kt 15 for boy.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

I enjoy bucking conventional wisdom but with careful experimentation, but I originally failed to understand that Silhouette is a Darwinist workshop. Look around any firing line, particularly late in a season, to see what gear has survived. Weak stuff does not survive, so anything that has been around long enough to gain wear marks deserves respect.

There are a lot of Leupold's and Weaver's, and some Sightron's, but I don't remember seeing any Bushnell's. Folks like me will experiment and take our lumps, and sometimes even find something that works, but check and see what they're shooting toward the end of the season. I ended up with an Anschutz 1712 and a Leupold FX-III...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ