Thanks to the Forum Users and Happy Holidays!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
NewAZShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Thanks to the Forum Users and Happy Holidays!

Post by NewAZShooter »

Looking back on my first season in silhouette I feel very lucky to have stumbled onto this sport and especially this forum.

In April I discharged a firearm for the first time in 15 years and shot my first smallbore rifle sil match in May, scoring 11/60. I found it pretty intimidating at first, and had my doubts that I could ever shoot competitively. I had a lot of beginner questions and once I found Steel Chickens you were all so helpful here in coaching me and answering my questions, whether they were about equipment, ammo, technique, practice, or whatever.

In today's local match I reached and exceeded my aggressive goal of shooting 40/60 by the end of the year, shooting 42/60 for my first ever AAA score (just barely). Thanks to Tim Finley for letting me shoot his standard class Annie 64 for my all-time best. I truly believe that I have this forum and our local shooters to thank for my recent growth as a shooter and for reaching my personal goal for the season.

I cannot name all of you here, but I want to send out a big thank you to all the veteran shooters here at Steel Chickens who have been so forthcoming with your valuable knowledgeable advice and assistance. Have a great holiday season and thanks for making a newby's experiences at silhouette shooting so enjoyable and rewarding.

Regards,

~John
~JW

Love it when those chickens fly!

CZ 452 Silhouette
Ruger 10/22 W/ Clark Custom Barrel, B&C Anschutz Style Stock
Interarms Mark X 30.06
Browning BuckMark .22LR
T/C .22 LR, .22 Hornet
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Congrats on the 42/60, that's impressive!

I couldn't get a kitchen pass for today, but if I get back from SanDiego Saturday I'll be there next Sunday.

Happy Holidays to one and all, and thanks as well for the input given to this newb.......
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Wow, nice score! And it sounds like you're really having fun, which is more important than the score. :)