Kids NRA

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Kids NRA

Post by kevinpagano »

I have a question that someone may be able to answer here. Do my boys age 13 and 11 need to be a member of the NRA to participate in official matches. I will have both of them participate this year in some matches and was wondering if I need to have them join to get a book or what I have to do.

Kevin
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

I believe only in Registered State, Regional or Nationals.....
Not in approved matches unless the program states so.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

KIDS

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Kevin, no, they don't have to be NRA members to get a class book. But there are some big matches that will required all shooters to belong to the NRA or the respective State Rifle association.
Evelio.
Evelio
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Gator is correct, Regionals, States and Nationals. Now in Florida most of the match directors run the states when they would run their normal monthly match, which is typically approved and they offer the option of competiting for the state trophies (usually reqires state association membership as well) or just competiting for the regular monthly awards.

Hope this helps answer your question Kevin.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Thanks everyone. Yes it does answer the question. I might let them join after a while and get the free magazine. If they shoot our state match then I will be safe.

On another note. Is there a package or something from the NRA that I would need to obtain to get started in having approved Matches. They will be at an affiliated range.

kevin
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Kevin, Just call or write the Silhouette department and they will give/send you all the details. We just took over the one at our club and there is a form to fill out and you send them a copy of your match schedule.