full size HP silhouette targets

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bill the Lurker
A Poster
A Poster

full size HP silhouette targets

Post by Bill the Lurker »

What is your favorite source for full size HP silhouette targets.

I am looking for some swingers, that don't get pock-marked from bullet strikes. (in case I ever hit one) :lol: :oops: :roll:

Thanks,
Bill
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bill, The thing to do on HP targets is to try to get them done locally, if not the shipping will put a dent in your wallet. If you can find someone that will do it around you, the specs can be pulled off from the NRA web-site. The last time I had some animals made it was out of AR500 steel and the time before that it was 500 Brinell, I don't know what the difference is, but both are holding up really well, the metal is harder than Chineese arithmetic.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

You need to have your targets cut out of "T-1" steel. They are more expensive but the repairs on them are much less. I would make the chicken out of 3/4, the pig out of 1/2, and the turk/ram out of 3/8

You are probably looking at about 150 lbs if you have one of each animal. The ram is about 55 lbs.

Good luck finding a local shop to cut them out. I could recomend a good one around Tucson. The guy isn't in that business anymore but he still has all the equipment and is a sil shooter.
Hoser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hoser »

I have access to a CNC Plasma cutter and have made many targets for local shooters.

Let me know the next time you are in Colorado and I can have a set of AR-500 critters waiting for you.