Stack-On safes

This is what we do.
Varn

Stack-On safes

Post by Varn »

Just wanted to let everyone who is considering purchasing a safe or knows someone who is; the type of "customer service" I have received from this company. I purchased a 36 gun Stack-On gun safe about a month ago. I brought it home and unloaded it from my truck to my garage. It worked and opened when it was in my garage. I rented an appliance dolly and 7 of us proceeded to put this 700 lb. safe in the 2nd floor of my two-story house. It was never dropped or tipped over while getting it upstairs. Once it was in my upstairs I attempted to open it and to my dismay it wouldn't open. I called the company and their customer service representative said she would have to have an engineer contact me. I didn't receive a reply after two days so I called again. Same story. Again, no reply. After a third phone call, I was told they have no field representative and suggested I take the safe back to where I purchased it for refund or replacement. I explained to the lady how that was very difficult due to the trouble in getting it to the upstairs in the first place. She then instructed me to contact a local locksmith to come open it and they would reimburse me. I tried to find a locksmith to no avail. I called them again and was told that I could take the safe back to where I purchased it for refund or replacement. I explained to her that I found this unacceptable and that other companies have people to service their products. She replied that "she didn't know what else to tell me". I informed her that I had intentions of letting my fellow shooters know about the poor customer service I was receiving and also was going to contact the Better Business Bureau concerning this. She then put me on hold and came back and asked if it would be acceptable if they could find a locksmith for me. I told her that would have been acceptable when this process started two weeks ago but had no choice but to accept it. She assured me they would be in contact with me the next day. Now, two days later, I have had no one contact me concerning this and I am now forced to take the safe back down the steps and return it.
If you know of anyone who is considering purchasing a safe please feel free to relate my experiences to them. I would hate to see anyone else go through this same dilemma. Thank you for your time.
litig8or
B Poster
B Poster

Post by litig8or »

Varn,

It looks like we have a case!!!!