Dot Size question

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
DeeDub
B Poster
B Poster

Dot Size question

Post by DeeDub »

I currently am using a Weaver T10 with 1/8 dot. The dot seems a bit small for my eyes.

I also have a Leupold VariX-III 4.5-14x40 AO that I want to send to Beaverton for target turrets. Leupold dot sizes have me confused. So should I wait for the scope to be retruned from Leupold and have T.K.Lee install a dot or should I let Leupold install their dot while they have the scope? If Leupold does it, which dot do you suggest? If I understand the lady at Leupold, they have two dot sizes. Seems like one was .0035 and the other was .006. I have no idea what these equate to. This scope will ultimately end up on my SB silhouette rifle.

Thanks.
Regards,
Dave
tbone49
A Poster
A Poster

Post by tbone49 »

They are the Leupold 3/8 dot, and the Leupold 1/2 dot, respectively.
DeeDub
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DeeDub »

Thanks tbone49.

If you might be hambone on another shooting site, you told me once which size to get. And I forgot. :oops:
Regards,
Dave
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

It would be best to have Leupold install the dot- especually as it is already there. HOWEVER be SURE and specify not only what size dot- but that you want it this size at the upper magnifification.

I recently had to send back a 6.5 x 20 EFR I had mailed them specifying a 1/2 MOA dot for silhouette shooting.
What I got was an 1/8 MOA dot.
When I called, they intially said it was a 1/2 MOA dot---at the 6.5 setting...
I was not too happy with this as an explination, and they had me send it back and redid it at no futher charge- other than my cost of my shipping it to them again. The person I was talking to indicated the people doing the work were not familier with the various shooting disciplines...

As for which size dot you want...

I prefer the 1/2 MOA dot- It will appear bigger if the magnificcation is decreased- but I suspect you will be using the higher magnifications.
DeeDub
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DeeDub »

Thanks for that good info. I most likely will be using the scope at higher magnifcation.
Regards,
Dave