Hows the FXIII 30X scope?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Hows the FXIII 30X scope?

Post by ter »

Any thoughts on the Leupold 30X scope for smallbore?
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Its perfect. I bought one last year and love it. I got the 3/8th's dot. The glass is clear and bright. Some of the guys I shoot with use the 25 power only because they can see more of the rail and not shoot out of sequence, but the 30 power is great, it makes the animals look so much bigger.
Amanda4461
Unclassified Poster

Post by Amanda4461 »

I love the clarity and the ability to focus in close, but I am not steady enough to benefit from it on a light rifle. I simply wobble too much. The wobble isn't noticeable in the 6.5 x 20 EFR scope that I keep on 12x. I know the wobble is always there, I just don't notice it at lower power, so I shoot much better with the variable. The 30 sometimes has me "hunting" for the correct target, between the difference in eye relief and my visible wobble. I just ordered another variable EFR from chicken George, so I guess that is my short answer :roll:
If you don't shake much, the 30 will impress you.
Amanda
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Warning... I sell these...take that into account... LOL

Anyway - I like them. I shoot the 30X w/ 3/8 dot on my .22.

None of the a/o shiift like I have seen w/ the EFR scopes

Nice 'clicks' / have never doubted a zero with it.

I think they are a scope that will start catching on. They released them w/ some focus problems (started at 50 yards), but they resolved that back last year. The one I have and the ones I have seen, all focus well below the chickens, I would say 38-40 yards. This should be the case with any of them at this point.

They are not a EFR. No good for indoor dryfire, or paper at 25 yards....

But for the Small bore distances, HARD to beat for the price.

ChickenGeorgeAR@yahoo.com for a quote.

Thanks,

Chicken
Image Chicken George
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

......and are available in RED from the custom shop....

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Deguello
B Poster
B Poster

!

Post by Deguello »

BAD Kitty! You know your going to pay for that this Sunday!!! :)

Look forward to seeing you there! Wear something RED!!!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

If the 30x is anything like the 25x, and you like that much magnification, you'll love it. Clarity and reliability are typical Leupold, so the scope just vanishes as an issue (yeah Kitty - even if it's red :roll: ).
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

BAD Kitty! You know your going to pay for that this Sunday!!! Smile
Bob and I have all the reloading done and we're ready to roll....Hope we don't mix up our 260 and the 6.5X47 Lapua...Maybe we shouldn't have put them all in the same Wal Mart bag??
(yeah Kitty - even if it's red Rolling Eyes ).
You mean ESPECIALLY if its red, don't you???

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Deguello
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Deguello »

Yeah...That's what I meant!

I think Chicken's on a roll and that RED might just fire him up like a charging bull!

Don't worry though, I think Greg is saving his *** whooping for Sunday - He forgot to "bring it" this last Wednesday!!! :shock:

Now Chicken, that shits funny :lol:

Aeee!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

jneihouse wrote:....Hope we don't mix up our 260 and the 6.5X47 Lapua...Maybe we shouldn't have put them all in the same Wal Mart bag??

Kitty
Hey, they're all .308 bolt face, 6.5mm and should go bang at the right time - does the rest matter?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Deguello wrote:Yeah...That's what I meant!

I think Chicken's on a roll and that RED might just fire him up like a charging bull!

Don't worry though, I think Greg is saving his *** whooping for Sunday - He forgot to "bring it" this last Wednesday!!! :shock:

Now Chicken, that shits funny :lol:

Aeee!
Again, I say.......

With friends like these.... LOL

"HAMBURGER!!!!!!! Stepped out, caught that chunk of lead!" -Carlos Hathcock
Image Chicken George
Amanda4461
Unclassified Poster

Post by Amanda4461 »

You may need to be aware of something I just found out the hard way. I took my 30x off of my 1712 and placed it on my latest toy, a 54.18MS, using a scope rail from Champion's and my normal Millet steel rings. This setup is identical to my 54.18MSR with 6.5x20EFR Leupold. Except for one thing: The 30x Silhouette only has 40MOA of reticle adjustment. The 6.5x20EFR has 50MOA. All of which means that if I shoot my standard RWS Rifle ammo, I run out of elevation adjustment on the single shot 54.18, while the 54.18 repeater has extra and is dead on with a few MOA to spare, all at 100 Meters. I took the cheap route out of a bad deal today, reached in the old ammo bag and drug out Federal 711B, which has enough of a higher trajectory over the RWS to be on the bullseye at 100 Meters.
Can someone tell me the best solution to this problem (easiest solution)? Do I need to shim the rear ring, or take the scope rail off and mount the scope directly to the rifle? Any knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I already had a new EFR ordered from Chicken George, but I will run into the same problem again. Your kind assistance is appreciated :)
Thanks much!
Amanda
cwmoss
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cwmoss »

Shim the rear of the scope with shims made out of an aluminum can. I learned of this waaaaay back in 1989 at Raton. On Sunday, a fellow shooter asked how everything was going? I said I had run out of elevation today, it was fine yesterday. He asked if I had changed anything? I said I had put the bloop tube and weight on the end of the barrel. He said I could do one of two things, either put it back the way it was or add shims to the rear of the scope. Reason being, the extra weight had made the barrel droop. Sounds silly, but I took the weight off and it was back to the day before. Since then I have put at least 3 shims at the rear on any scope I use for silhouette. This way you stay more in the center of the scope. That fellow shooter, who helped me way back then, and has been a super friend, is William Zander, one of the top shooters around.
Put at the very least, two shims and then gosee what I mean.
Daryl (cwmoss)
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

i have a 30x in burris xtra high rings on a cz 452 varrmint no issues, ialso do shoot reduced and arir gun silos inside with it i ahve a 50' adapter that works great.the best x-mas present i ever got.

regards
dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
Fick_2141
B Poster
B Poster

The best solutuon

Post by Fick_2141 »

I have no problems shimming cheaper scopes, or used ones that already have a mark or two. The problem with shimming is that the shim makes a slight misalignment from front to rear, that can mark, or even bend the scope to fit the rings.
The best soultion for me is the Burris system used on the signature rings.
NRA Life Member
PCGC Silhouette match director
Long Range Silhouette Guru.
52B heavy 15X Lyman STS
52B sporter repro w/weaver T24
Rem. 40X USMC marked
HRM12
Kimber 82G