Scope choices?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
elk300
Unclassified Poster

Scope choices?

Post by elk300 »

I bought Weaver t24 1/8 dot - very disappointed as it looks like a cloudy day next to my bushnell scopes.

My choices now are

Bushnell 4200 6x24 1/4 dot
Sightron Big Sky 6x24

or should I just save my money for the 24pwr Leopold?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

The Leupold FXIII-25x42 is a personal favorite, along with a wonderful old Benchrest x24 picked up here on Steelchickens (thanks again Byron - it's a beauty!) And then there's that lifetime warranty thing that makes them so desirable. Love 'em!

Sightron and Weaver have a good reputation for reliability and decent glass.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

elk300,
Weaver T series is not as bright as many other scopes. They do have a good mechanial reputation though. When I was younger I used to shoot with the T 10 scope. I prefer the Leupolds/Premiers but that is my personal choice.
Sightron does make a brighter scope and I can tell you from the experience of two friends that they do honor their warranties.

So in short, the preference is really a personal thing as to what your eyes like.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.