This is what we do.
webmaster
Site Admin

Conard Cup results and webmaster tasks

Post by webmaster »

Hello All,

I have posted the full Conard Cup results on the main portion of the website

http://www.steelchickens.com

Next item. I have received a request to only allow users that are logged in to post messages. Seems reasonable to me. What do you all think?
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

i like the idea of having to sign in.
dave
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

a site where the guests aren't causing trouble is rare. I think you may lose some posting traffic, at the same time, its a way to keep it honest. I know I've seen some posts around here from people on a cell phone who cannot log into the site to post from their phones. Its all on what the site admin wants.

If I could make another sugestion, a misc chit chat section. I posted the ol' wylie post and figured it would have been better off in a general/misc chit chat section.
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

I for one really like being able to post w/o loging in. From the phone it's 2X as long min but hey.....I completly understand the other point of view.

Great site and thanks for the work!

Chicken
Image Chicken George
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Don't go thanking him like that, we can't get his head through most of the doorways as it is.
ImageImage
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

+1 for the disable guest posts

http://steelchickens.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... c&start=30

above convenience, I hate people who like to hide behind a rock.
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

If you post in a thread, you should identify yourself. Otherwise, there is NO credibility in what they say in my opinion.

David McLemore
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Concur as much as I hate to with duckgumbeaux,

Stop the guest post and give us a name.......Tonto....you reading this?
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Tonteaux,

Repeat after me "I do promise to come clean at winne and show my true idenity"

Like that will happen..........PMS(peeing myself).....LOL
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg

Post by Guest »

As long as the guests are respectful and do not insult anybody or disrupt the forum I would much rather see truthful posts by anonymous people than lies and incorrect facts given by people that give their names or handles.
Silhouette Shooter for 28 years
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

Hoo let the Dawg out?

you make it seem like your respectful posts would be chastised if you were to give a name..

"The Man" is out to get me

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately, "The Man" is out to get me, and there are black helicopters circling my house (silently of course). "They" know that I know too much and might blow the lid off all "The Man's" conspiracies. Everything from the 300 mpg carbueretor, pharmaceutical companies poisining the drinking water, mind control drugs in Big Macs, the weather control machine that "The Man" used to make Hurricane Katrina, and lots of other stuff.

That's why I have to post anonymously.

Guest - being watched by "The Man".
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

I was there. I saw it happen. I witnessed the vote. I voted. I walked out of the cafeteria thinking i was glad that the whole things was decided and overwith. I bought and built a chin gun AFTER the vote, as did a few others. to the best of my knowledge the chin gun was tossed or relegated to its own class thru the influence and pressure of 1 individual. And if you don't believe something like that can happen... son, you ain't been around the bush enough times. it was a long time ago and really doesn't amount to a hill of beans at this point. what does matter, at least to me anyway, is that if you are going to infer that folks are lying then you should put your name to it. otherwise... ya got nuttin. and i guess, if i want to manage this myself i'll just go with the policy to not respond or interact with guests. makes it easy.
dave
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Let us all just teach a pig to sing

The frustration level will be the same and we will only slightly annoy the pig

God Bless the USA

Dawg

Post by Guest »

The problem with a lot of the posts is that there are a few people posting that post all the time to just talk to each other or tell corny jokes or sayings. This forum should be about sillhouette shooting subjects and leave the politics out of it. If anyone outside there "click" posts anything that they disagree with they all gang up on him. If they want to have private conversations they should use the pm posts. If i'm not mistaken some of the people that dominate the forum were removed the the graybeards forum. Maybe if some of these problems were corrected some of the guests would register. No one wants to come on this fourm to read private conversations that only pertain to the people writing the the posts. This can be a good fourm if a few people don't ruin it.