Fun with silhouettes

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Fun with silhouettes

Post by jnyork »

Last Wednesday evening our club held its weekly long range rimfire silhouette match. IHMSA 3/8 scale swingers; chickens offhand at 77 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters, rams at 200 meters, these last three off the bench. 10 rounds at each.

My 14 year old grand daughter was visiting us that week from Oregon. She had never shot anything before so I took her out the previous day and worked with her for about an hour, taught her the very basics. Did find out she is left eye dominate, so started her right out shooting lefthanded.

The match was conducted in fairly breezy conditions, with variable 8-12 knot winds swirling down the canyon and a few dust devils thrown in. She shot my Sako model 78 with Weaver T-10 scope, Federal Champion 510 ammo.

Well, she beat the other 7 shooters out there, including myself . :shock: :shock: We didnt count the chickens because she was not ready for offhand. 10 pigs, 7 turkeys, 8 rams!! :D Here is a photo of her ram with the 8 hits, you can see the wind moving the impact point back and forth across the target. Shows you what you can do with expert coaching. :roll: :wink:

DeeDub
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DeeDub »

Congratulations to the young lady and the coach. Nice work, sir.
Regards,
Dave