I Was Wondering Part ll

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was Wondering Part ll

Post by Jim Beckley »

I was wondering, since I've mismanaged the little bit of funds that I have by paying my bills, if the Feds will step in and buy me all the guns that I want, all the reloading supplies that I want, and all of the gunsmithing that I would like to have done?
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: I Was Wondering Part ll

Post by Bob259 »

Jim Beckley wrote:I was wondering, since I've mismanaged the little bit of funds that I have by paying my bills, if the Feds will step in and buy me all the guns that I want, all the reloading supplies that I want, and all of the gunsmithing that I would like to have done?
Only if you declare yourself as a CEO and that was your golden parachute clause in your contract...
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was Wondering

Post by Jim Beckley »

And another thing! Between work and the range, I am not spending the quality time that I need to with my dog! I need to have to cut back on some of the work BS, get a little more range time and more time with Snoop Dog!
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was Wondering

Post by Jim Beckley »

I was just outside working on the lawn and got to thinking that I have way too many guns now, some that are in the safe I haven't shot for years, and my dog probably doesn't want to spend anymore time with me anyway. I have been around a little. I have been to Canada, Mexico, Panama, England, Spain, Italy, Korea and a couple others I can't think of right now, but at no time did I turn my passport or ID card in and say I staying right here! I didn't travel as a first class tourist in a 747 or stay in any 5 star hotels, it was in a C-130 or C-141 with web seats, slept in a cot, or on top of a M-577, or the ground, but I've seen the same things that the tourist with money saw. This is still the greatest country that I've been to, so pardon me for whinning abit, and I want to thank all the other vets out there that made it possibe for me to do so, up to and including the guys that I shoot with, Manny Sinohui (WW2 Navy vet, still shooting!), Bill Cole, Jimbo Rose Sr, Les Kohn, John Orn, Dean Hall, and if I left anyone out I'm sorry. I have seen poverty in many places, it doesn't mean that we are better than anyone else, it just means that we have it better than anywhere else!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

OO-RAH....JB.....OO-RAH.....now drop down and GIVE ME TWENTY!!!!!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Ahhhh - the good old days...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I was

Post by Jim Beckley »

McAlice, You are killing me! Are you getting ready for the big match this weekend? I picked up my truck today, it is still a nice truck, but it's just not the same.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

JB,
I'm gonnaq miss you at CO... going to slip out for a few days of ammo burning.
Innocent M
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was

Post by Jim Beckley »

Mary, Are you going to shoot the matches or are you just going to burn powder? If you are shooting the matches, don't be bashful about wacking those Colorado gents around!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

JB,
The Colorado gents are doing their best....the older ones. Bob Snyder kicked butt with 95/120, Bonner was second with 94. Then some other old man...Chuckles came in with an 88 or so. Good shooting conditions most of the day, a little wind towards the end of the match.
Managed to burn some of Bob McAlice's powder this evening...he's trying to get me addicted to HP.

DWL where the hell are you? Chuckles said you bailed on him, and the Utah crowd is seriously lacking.

Great match so far, we'll see how windy it gets tomorrow.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was Wondering

Post by Jim Beckley »

What about the brothers that are barley out of square pants?
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Forgive me, Innocent, for I have sinned.

I carefully arranged my work schedule to take Friday off and drive with Chuckles to CO and shoot with all the best people. However....our company drivers decided that Friday, not Wednesday, was the only day they could drive down to SLC and pick up NASAs 30,000 lb tool. As the NASA designee I had to be present.

Last minute cajoling of the drivers did not work and the job being done under VP review could not be delayed until this week. I didn't think the excuse, "I have to go to Colorado to shoot my 22." was going to prolong my career. I'm not happy but I don't have the power to make anyone else unhappy so I had to stay and do my job.

So how many Hail Marys do I have to do?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

dwl wrote:I didn't think the excuse, "I have to go to Colorado to shoot my 22." was going to prolong my career. I'm not happy but I don't have the power to make anyone else unhappy so I had to stay and do my job.

Funny how silhouette matches aren't given the consideration they deserve...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BlauBear wrote:
dwl wrote:I didn't think the excuse, "I have to go to Colorado to shoot my 22." was going to prolong my career. I'm not happy but I don't have the power to make anyone else unhappy so I had to stay and do my job.

Funny how silhouette matches aren't given the consideration they deserve...
Maybe there was another Steak dinner on the line????
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Come on down, Bob! You can buy me one too!