weaver T-10

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
yoteslayer
B Poster
B Poster

weaver T-10

Post by yoteslayer »

i just bought a older T-10 and i was wondering what all the numbers on the end of the scope are for Thank,Scott
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Scott,
I still have my first scope...a T10. I used the numbers to help me remember where to set the focus for each animal, a bit of a pain considereing most other scopes actually have the distances marked but I still remember the number that concides with the animal distance for that scope and my eyes.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: weaver T-10

Post by lone ringer »

yoteslayer wrote:i just bought a older T-10 and i was wondering what all the numbers on the end of the scope are for Thank,Scott
Its been my experience with the old Weaver T models that most of the adjustments fall within one turn of the front bell on the scope.

Lets say for instance the number for chickens could be 0 or 5 on the bell on one of the lines on the body, then move the bell of the scope inn 5 graduations for pigs 3 more for turkeys and 2 more for rams. This method has worked for me on 10X, 16X and 16X conversions to 25X Weaver T model scopes.

So find out first what is the correct number for chickens (parallax being more critical on shorter distances) and then using my formula check the adjustments for the other three targets. Use my reference as a ball park figure your results may vary but not by much.
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Tony, Did you use the T's on HP? I usually leave my parallax adj set for 200M and can not see a need for change. How about you? I'd suspect the amount of adjustment would be less than for SB. Thanks Roger
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Roger, with lower magnification scopes (6X to 10X) its not necessary to adjust the parallax for every distance and you can set it for chickens or turkeys and leave them alone specially when using them in HP.

With high magnification scopes the more clear the image is on your scope the less parallax you will have. I like the Leupold 24X BR scopes and have them on most of my rifles. When I remember to change the parallax I use the 200y setting for chickens and pigs and the 400y setting for turkeys and rams. Understand this is my personal preference and has worked well for me in all the years I have been shooting.