RWS 48/52

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

RWS 48/52

Post by kevinbear »

I never see much in this forum about the RWS side levers, I have a couple one of which is .25 cal, it only clocks 525 fps with rampoints but is a serious tree rat killer. They must be too much gun for silhouette even in .22? Here's a neat little FYI, the .25 will knock smallbore chickens off the stands.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

They would be fine for silhouette even your .25 is under 20 ft lbs my .177 can do more damage energy wise but I bet it does quite a number on the tree rats :D

I had a 48 years ago and while a nice accurate and hard hitting springer the cocking design left a bit to be desired I much prefered my RWS Mod 45 break barrel in .177 I had before the 48 in .22 cal.

Anyway they would be a good rifle to use and I am surprised you don't see and hear more about them. They will usually shoot at 16-19 ft lbs stock IIRC which is a hammer for a springer no doubt.

If it is all you have you should be shooting it for sure to nice a rifle to let go to waste and cheap practice.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Unfortunately there's no air rifle silhouette in colorado or any other airgun competitions that I'm aware of, that leaves guys like myself that really enjoy them regulated to backyard practice and an occasional squirrel hunt.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it