First look at new Crosman Challenger PCP rifle

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
airguneditor
Unclassified Poster

First look at new Crosman Challenger PCP rifle

Post by airguneditor »

Recently I had the opportunity to play with one of these briefly and I wrote about it in my blog. It can be tuned for 10-meter, silhouette or field target.

Here's the link: http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/20 ... enger.html
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: First look at new Crosman Challenger PCP rifle

Post by slowstdy »

I will have a Marauder, Challenger and something new from Crossman, at the Southern Nationals, I will be shooting them in the matches, but when I'm not using them you are welcome to play.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I will be looking to take you up on the offer to give them a try Limey. The Marauder looks very promising and everyone getting them seems impressed. What a deal they seem to be and US made no less. The Challenger really interests me with the PCP capability as well. That looks like it might be a great entry 10m Target gun for sils at a cost that is around 1/2 what high end used 10m rifles go for today.

Hoping the wind isn't like it was last year as well. I think it was decided not long after last years match that they would move the airgun matches to the fullsize range to allow more room. Never heard anything else regarding that change but I hope it pans out.

Have a safe drive down.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Quonset Hut
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Quonset Hut »

I bought the Challenger CO2 rifle a few years back, and haven't really broken it in. But it is easily the confirmed dog in three position sporter rifle shooting by every account I've seen. So, how does the change to PCP reverse the breakdowns and poor accruacy of the older model?
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

The new challenger is a completely new gun, fully adjustable match trigger, walther barrel, new adjustable transfer system. It has been received very well at Camp Perry air matches. I think they should change the name to something new, get away from the questions about the old challenger.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance