This Economy SUCKS!!!!!!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

This Economy SUCKS!!!!!!

Post by shakes »

So bad, ~x( even in the dental indusrty :D we are seeing a slow down to the point where I had to make a choice, Nationals or Hunting in Idaho for Elk and Muleys. Hunting won. It looks like Im going to start to have to bust people in the teeth to get more buisness =)), really im to the point where I want to punch random people in the mouth and then give a business card :ymbringiton: Hopefully I can see all of you wonderfull people 8-} next year. :-l
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Re: This Economy SUCKS!!!!!!

Post by Byron »

SHAKES:

I can save you a lot of time and money! I have 6 Elk in the front yard as I type. One even has horns! Stop over after work and take one home with you. You'll save enough money to go to Nationals.

Byron
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

I would if those tree huggers in north bend would'nt call the cops and wildlife service and the humaine society and pasado :)) Thanks for the offer Byron.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

hey shakes, just punch thei tree huggers teeth out then you can have some work!!!
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Byron wrote:SHAKES:

I can save you a lot of time and money! I have 6 Elk in the front yard as I type. One even has horns! Stop over after work and take one home with you. You'll save enough money to go to Nationals.

Byron
Get a property damage permit to take one, Byron. Doubtful that I'll get to hunt this year and I'm all out of everything but storebought stuff in the freezer. :)
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Thats a good idea. Thanks Mary :))
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Then of course the bright side is that they can't talk much fora while..but be careful with the hand, don't want it in a cast too like the boy.

Innocent

Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

:ymapplause:
Last edited by Pete A. on Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Shakes, if I ever find my self in your neck of the woods I will be happy to help you drum up some work :D
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

:-o
Last edited by Jim T. on Sat May 23, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Jim T...actually except for the ammo costs, and slight increase in hotel charges the cost of travelling to matches has not gone up that much. I can emphathize with Pete on how to decide where to spend the money, and yes the COLA has risen. But then learning to live below you income level has always been a challenge for anyone. I'll be at Austin(Houston) and if the rains don't wash out the roads (we are ahead of TS Fays 24 hour rainfall record, in the last two days)I'll be at Winny.

Innocent

Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

:ymapplause:
Last edited by Pete A. on Sat May 23, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Pete,
I quote a fine, wise Southern gentlman, naval officer, class of 39....on the subject of having children in the same age group at school.
"What can one 5 year old learn from another 5 year old that he needs to know?"

Of course the counter argument to that is 'chicken pox' at an early age.

Mary

shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Jim T. how 'bout I come knock out some of your teeth to help me make more money to go to Nationals. I've been in this buisness for 10+ years and have never seen it this slow. I relied on overtime to help get me too the big matches and now that thats gone having to save for planeticket, hotel room, rental car, entry fee and booze, plus the licences and tags is not fesible. One has to make sacrifices, last year no problem, this year is a whole nother deal. Marys right too, how can you save for the stuff would would like to do and still be able to put a roof over your head and food on your plate, times are tough. Though it sounds like you yourself Jim T are well above the high water mark many of us are just trying to keep the water from drowning us, maybe you would like to pay for Nationals for me?????
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Shakes, you have my complete sympathy! Bottom abruptly fell out of the moonlight consulting that fueled my toy budget last fall. No warning, just no more requests. I'm a little slower on the brakes, but getting the hang of it...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ