Winnsboro Silhouette Results

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
1armoured
A Poster
A Poster

Winnsboro Silhouette Results

Post by 1armoured »

Hi guys, (and gals !)

Now that you're all home and sobered up,

any chance of anyone publishing the results for us please ?
Bit far for some of us to travel for the 'Greatest Silhouette Shoot in Earth',
but maybe next time for the 20th anniversary !

David,... Mary...anyone out there ?

I've seen some pics and a bit of comment. Sounds like all the usual bandidos were there, and great fun and a great shoot by Elisabeth and also Coates et al .

Anyone else got any pics to show us, also ?

cheers,
Sean in 'Gondwanaland'
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Winnsboro Silhouette Results

Post by psteiger »

you need to look up a couple just moved to N Zed. Bob and Yvette Aberson. they live on the north side of the south island. I'll try to find their address. They both shoot. He's a yankee, she's a native.

p
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Sean,
What makes you think we have sobered up? They locked the beer wagon on Saturday night, and left with the keys, over 35 master keys between us, and we still were not able to break in (no papaerclips)...so the conversations got a bit 'racist, bigoted, and prejudice...' Hey Coppertop, we forgot to cover abortion, oh well a topic for next year but I bet we don't run out of beer, there will be more than one pcik set around I'm sure.

I'm working on the air rifle, did it by the old fashion way as my "new" laptop didn't have Access, working on getting that corrected, my IT person is having a hard time believing that I really need it, as she has never seen me use it at work.

Do plan on being here next year Sean, we could use some displaced Springbok humor.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
1armoured
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 1armoured »

Thanks Mary.
And thks for the PM re Bob, and his visit.
I only picked it up late.
He had a good day out with us here.

Ah yes, the Budweiser tanker !
I remember some of it well..... Me and my Irish buddies !
I've just about got over it, and ready for the next !

Pat, the South Island is another World away.
There's a bit of shooting there, but no silhouette that I'm aware of.

They've got Arctic blizzards there at the moment, so they probably feel at home ! :lol:
Congratulations on your daughter's fine shooting, and in the Texas shoot.

cheers,
Sean
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Sean...
Picton is only the Silver fern and a ferry ride away. :roll: Maybe you should introduce that 'other island' to sillhouette.
Innocent

duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

We are working on getting everything ready to email and mail out to all the competitors. We are going to post them on this forum if I can figure it out! Probably send them to Mordecai and let him do it and it will be done correctly.

Regarding the beer wagon being out on Saturday night - the CO2 went out and that is why NO beer. WE will not let that happen again.

Jerry and I are working on getting 2010 and the 20th Anniversary Southern Nationals set up. When we get everything accomplished, I will post exciting news and photos regarding the match and the 5 rifles that we are going to give away. These rifles will be in addition to what we normally give.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Ducky, who worries about the CO2? What is more important is with all that expertise there we were not able to break in cleanly.

Innocent

mrmongo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mrmongo »

Mary

The CO2 was located on the other end of the trailer and WAS NOT locked. The "other" Mongo checked the gauge but not the tank. I think David is going to make me stay at the range 24hrs/day during next years match to make sure the beer flows properly. :idea:

BTW, how was the smoked pork and beef jerky I gave you?
Eric "Mr. Mongo" Harper

Mongo only pawn in game of life.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Mr Mongo, yes the other Mongo and I checked the CO2, I'm sure there will be some resolution to the lack of beer flow on Saturday night, as the conversations were getting pretty raunchy by the last bottle of beer known to exsist around the 'fire'.
The jerky and smoked pork was waved under Jose's nose during cleanup and made it into my cooler (Jose left at 330 am to catch a 6 am flight), so it was thourghly enjoyed by myself and Coates on the way home. I chose not to stop for more meals after the first stop in the morning in Jackson being at McDonalds....for some real food. :roll: Somewhere further into Florida a Slim JIm was purchased a gas station and much grumbling about it being too greasy to eat. Which is fine with me as that left more good jerky for me. :D thanks.

Innocent M