Ridgeway

This is what we do.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Ridgeway

Post by dwl »

Mordecai;

You did send a correspondant to Ridgeway to report on the big match, did you not? As a major publisher, I'm sure you didn't let this slip past. If so, you can send me next year. In the mean time do you know anyone who went so they can be recruited, Inquiring minds want to know!

dwl
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

John Neihouse will be reporting daily from his laptop as he is coveing this event for the Shooting Sports rag. Limey Dave Carpenter has also promised to check in with me and give me the reports to post back here match by match...

We'll see if this all takes place, or if they decide to relax and shoot!
Image Chicken George
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Will post daily reports, afternoons after a return from the range. Maybe a pic or two, depending. Arrived here 11:15 eastern time. Spent 2 1/2 hrs getting from La Guardia in NY to getting the heck out of NYC. Then delayed another 2 hrs on I 80 in PA due to road construction. Flew into NYC because I had never done so, and it was a hoot. These folks drive just like me. With a rental car with NY plates the other drivers were wary. After driving on the sidewalks in PHoenix last year, this felt right at home. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing everyone again. Haven't opened my rifle case yet, been afraid to look. The baggage handlers did a number on it. Definately see one like the vault that Duckgumbo hass in my future.
Commander in Chief, F Troop
jneihouse

Saturday at Ridgeway

Post by jneihouse »

Saturday morning started with what would be a "qualifier" match for some and a practice match for others. Several high 30's scores and even more low to mid 30's were turned in as ideal shooting conditions prevailed for the entire day. A lighthearted spirit marked by good natured banter between old and new friends filled the air as competitiors got the feel for the range and the NRA staff busied themselves certifying rifles . Augustin Sanchez, Cathy Winstead, and Bill Motul, Dennis Dadian, as well as a host of others seemed to be on the top of their game, giving rise to the feeling that a tough battle in the Master class will erupt early and last throughout the match. Equally tough will be the competition in AAA all the way down to B as shooters from all parts of the country and several foriegn countries begin the quest in earnest for a national title at 9:00 am Sunday morning. The good weather is forcast to last for the duration of the match (highs in the 80's niighttime lows in the high 50's to mid 60's and low hunidity) so the competitors will be able to focus on putting down targets instead of battlling extreme weather as they did last year when the nationals were hosted by the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoeniz AZ smack dab in the middle of the Sonoran Desert.

No figures have been released by the NRA pertaining to the number of competitors, but if the parking lot is an indication this should be one of the best attended nationals in a while. Participation figures wil be posted here as available and results from tomorrow's matchs will be posted when I return to the hotel tomorrow evening. A link to some candid pics is below and more will be added throughout the week.

John Neihouse, AKA Spottin Kitty
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/ ... ay%202006/

enjoy
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks for the pics, John. I'll keep an eye on that page to see more. That's quite the fancy rifle checking board they had there. :)
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Ridgeway

Post by dwl »

My thanks to jneihouse and mordecai for the reports. I was out of touch all weekend sitting by the lake anxiously awaiting results. Chuck didn't call so this is my first fix.

Sounds like a wonderful match, wish I was there. Looks like AAA is shotting their way into master. Congrats to Coates and Jared Perry. How a you and Spotting Kitty doing?

dwl
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

nationals

Post by Jerry G »

dwl I didn't realize there were any waters in UT that would support fish life.

From the rest, thanks for the updates on what is going on in PA.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Spotting Kitty is coming along. She was upset that Troy wasnt here this year, but a time out sitting on the gun case brought her around. I've not set the match on it's ear, but didn't really expect to. Having a great time. Having the opportunity to squad with the Winsteads and having Chris spot for me and help correct some bad habits I've fallen into (witht the gun, that is) has been enormously helpful. Shot my best in second match today. Chris keeps threatening to hit me in the back of my head if I don't listen.....Unorthodox, but it's seeming to work.
chardonnay
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chardonnay »

Threatening to hit you in the back of the head. I guess I had better watch it so you won't use that technique on me. I think that if you were going to hit me in the back of the head it would have been when ... well there were a couple opportunities. I will leave it at that (haha) Looking forward to being spotted to another good finish tomorrow. Well good for me anyway.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Utah Blast and Splash

Post by dwl »

Annother great report from jniehouse. See new thread. As for water in Utah, it's a manmade thing! We call 'em reservoirs. Seeing as yer from Idaho Falls I expect yer used to this as Idaho is just a satellite of Utah.

I expect there's fish in Bear Lake but I was only up there trying to drown the kids. The wife seems to suspect this and won't go near the water.

Anyways, now that you mention it, maybe we should think about hosting a match near Bear Lake and after the match we could all paddle about, grill some dead animals. We should coordinate with Duckgumbaeux as he can provide drinks.

Whaddya think? Call it the Utah Blast and Splash. Might go over better than my idea for Automatic Rifle Silhouette.

dwl
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Why does everyone look so hot and sweaty?
ImageImage
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

chardonnay wrote:Threatening to hit you in the back of the head. I guess I had better watch it so you won't use that technique on me. I think that if you were going to hit me in the back of the head it would have been when ... well there were a couple opportunities. I will leave it at that (haha) Looking forward to being spotted to another good finish tomorrow. Well good for me anyway.
Cluck Cluck ... Cluck
Image Chicken George
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Just got back from Ridgway. Great match, everyone was there, except those that were weren
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Limeaux,

Thats pronounced "cest pond"

LMAO
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

and i thought it was the drains......LOL
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional