CRC monthly HP match.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

CRC monthly HP match.

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

We had only seven shooters show up for our match yesterday. The weather was near perfect, about 92F with light NE breezes. You maybe needed a minute correction at the rams. I guess the other HP shooters heading to Raton "did not need no stinking practice" :roll: . Too bad....this was the last scheduled match before Nationals.

We have had lots of rain out there in the past few weeks. The mosquitos were happy to see us and the weeds are almost ready for harvest.

Me and Jerry R. tied for MW with the std. gun at 25 each. At the shootoff, my two misses and two hits on the turkeys won the match. Another win by the skin of my teeth! Dave B. was the hunter gun winner. We knew we were in trouble after seeing all of his pigs lay dead in the dirt. He decided 30 animals was plenty.

Incedently...Dave shoots a stock Tikka Hunter in 6.5 x 55. Just goes to show you an accurate off the shelf rifle can be quite competitive for silhouette. Good handloads and knowing how to use the gun sure helps , too. Nice shooting Dave!! :ymapplause: Show 'em how it's done at Raton.

I will get out to CRC a couple of more times before Nat's. for some more practice if not just for the sheer fun of slamming steel with a high power rifle.

I took a couple of videos thru the Kowa again. Check out the two little birds in the shade of the ram rail. One actually comes back to the shade.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/BOBMCALICE/crc4/

Hit the pause button on #4 chicken at about 19.5 seconds......big eruption of lead dust and dirt dust. Quick mouse clicking.. pause / run will get it.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: CRC monthly HP match.

Post by Innocent »

McAlice,
Saving all your good shots for Raton? Nice pictures and even neater video.
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Ditto on the video....love your range...wish I could have gotten the dates approved to go to co..but it did not work out. Hay mary now that you have a hp in the works we will have to see where we can shoot the stuff without all the driving...hum...well it was worth the thought.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Let's face it Malinois....you and the Mrs. are gonna have to hitch up the wagon and "Go West Young Man".

Super Max in Florence, Co. is always looking for a few good men. While your at it, toss Innocent, Coates and all the other Florida shooters in the back. The West is where silhouette is won ! :lol:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Now wait a minute there McAlice, I at least already have a smallbore range built out West....just working on getting the kid on his own two feet so I can quit. Besides, what makes you think I would ride in the back of a wagon driven by malinios? I would be like his shepherd and demand the front seat! LOL.

Innocent

malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Well because I'm in the FRS and mary knows what this is I am stuck for a few more years but when I am through Co is very much in the cards. I love it out there. Oh and mary my Malinois always rides in the front ! unless the head bitch is in the car. But I am still gonna get out to your place Mc alice as soon as I can....
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

You wouldn't like CRC. It is a long way down I-70, then you have to drive past some smelly old buffalos, then you get on this old dirt road that wanders across the prarrie. Its cold in the winter, hot in the summer, and the wind does blow a little. Worst of all, you have to shoot with all thoes Colorado shooters. Wat a bunch. Sometimes you even have to chase some damn muel deer off the range.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

I do have a 1874 #1 Sharps and a 78 Borchardt to deal with the Buffaloes.....yum. The 74 is a Shiloh but the 78 is an original. If they get in the way, I'll just ask Mcalice for a recipie while I adjust the sights.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Malinios...I can vouch for McAlice and his cooking....right up there with Big Bertha's Chuck Wagon Brigade. Good food and I'm sure you could deal with most of the minor issues with those CO shooters...after all you put up with Hambone or Tbone or whoever he is impersonating this week.

Innocent

malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

I think the bone family is on vacation or running away from the law or something cause the club kitchen has been idle. No food. I think an amber alert or something is in order...I will have to do an NCIC check to see if he wanted. We do have a match this weekend so he might show up.