Adjusting an Anschutz 2 Stage Trigger

This is what we do.
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Adjusting an Anschutz 2 Stage Trigger

Post by Troy G »

The problem is that I have the first stage weight screw adjusted in as far as it will go and the second stage trigger adjustment screwed turned in all the way and I am just barely getting two pounds total. At this setting I get a 24 ounce first stage and then barely an 8 ounce second stage. I wanted to have a slightly heavier first stage and a slightly lighter second and be closer to 34 ounces. This is not a new trigger as I bought it from a reputable high power shooter who said that he had Mr. Tubb adjust it in the first place.

Are my springs worn out and need replacing or do I have other issues? I have studied adjustment instructions on Zediker but thought that I should be able to make the first and second stages heavier and lighter as heavy as 50 ounces and as light as 10 ounces.

Thanks!
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

At this setting I get a 24 ounce first stage and then barely an 8 ounce second stage. I wanted to have a slightly heavier first stage and a slightly lighter second

I have a friend you adjusted one recently and 8 ozs on the 2nd stage was as light as it gets... YMMV, but that was close to the exact set up he acheived with his.
Image Chicken George
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Maybe I am expecting too much from the trigger but I thought that they were more adjustable than that. I doubt I could consistently pick up the two pound weight and hate to travel to a match and be DQed knowing that I can not make the trigger any heavier. I am going to order new springs and see if that fixes the problem.