Classification?

This is what we do.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

any self respecting master class shooter in anything (rifle discipline) should put him/herself in master class in whichever new discipline he/she decided to take up. it is embarrassing to think otherwise. the only reason to be in a lower class is to win something and i can't imagine a master class smallbore shooter taking pride at winning AA class in air rifle. I'd be ashamed of myself.
dave
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Therefore, shoot a B for classification and then shoot 2 AAAs and you will go into AAA!
Ernie
I still don't see in the rules how he would go past AA with only 2 scores. The first score would bring the "break-out" rule (19.17) into play and move hin retroactively from B to AA class but the second would only be an additional leg into AAA from AA.
Regards
Gator
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

Jason,
Not in my opinion.
There are legitimate A shooters -- and AA and so forth -- who will, slowly, move up as they have 'good' days. (I even eked out a 31 the other week at one of our matches...I now have a leg into AAA and that may have been the cause of at least one temblor somewhere in Texas!) ;-)
That's why there are so many people in the very bottom of their classes -- they had 3 'good days' and shot minimum scores. As the classification moves upward, that gets harder to do.)
I really doubt that there are any legitimate long-term B shooters. As I understand it, that was the thinking that caused the rule framers to decide that, since getting out of B was relatively easy, only 2 higher classification scores should be needed. (It also leaves B fairly open so that the rookies don't get too discouraged early in the game.)
In my case, for example, I can honestly say that I'm a AA shooter. My very first match was a 21/40 -- with a 2.5X Lyman Alaskan and no sight settings -- and I haven't been able to get out of AA ever since! :roll: I sorta figure that, after I have 2 more 'good' days (assuming that the area I'm shooting in doesn't get struck by any really LARGE space rocks immediately afterward) that I'll be a low AAA shooter. Then I'll really be in trouble! lol Maybe for people like me, there should be a dispensation allowing 5 or 10 AAA scores in order to move up! lol

Gator,
'IF' it were a registered match, you'd be right. The 1st AAA would break him out into AA and the 2nd would leave him in AA with one leg left to go into AAA -- just as George said -- and it would be easy to figure.
But AFAIK, the original question wasn't referring to a registered match. (At least that wasn't mentioned.)
This is one area where the sandbaggers can maneuver a bit. They can enter as B shooters in a registered tournament, break out into AA with their 1st AAA score, shoot another AAA score and still have room to wiggle. And they're doing it legally...not ethically, but legally!
(That, of course, isn't recommended at Winnsboro -- David is pretty direct with people who try to take advantage!) :twisted:
E Kuney
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

Slowstdy,

Yes, it is permissible to enter in any class at or above your established classification. 19.8

I always enter above my actual classification in HP standard. I won't tell you the score I shot in my first match there...after coming in as an established AA HP hunter shooter already! :oops:

I thought that we often agreed -- but only the disagreements got aired on boards like this!
:wink:
E Kuney
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Ernie, your right, we do.......LOL

The bloke in question, is obviously a "AAA" shooter and that
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

re class

Post by Jerry G »

When you shoot 2 classes above your current class you move NOW. His second AAA score would give him one leg into AAA.

Opinions are like *** **** everyone has one and many stink. I feel better now that I said that.
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

In RIFLE, You move NOW! 'IF' (and ONLY if) you're competing in a registered match. When the competition is any other kind, you move LATER.
Even in a registered match, the first AAA would put him into AA with ONE leg into AAA and his SECOND AAA would give him TWO legs into AAA.
Opinions are best if offered after reading the rule book...
E Kuney