Paul Davis shoots 39 in HP

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Paul Davis shoots 39 in HP

Post by lone ringer »

Keith Cairns, just sent me an Email letting me know that Paul Davis from WA State shot a 39 in HP today missing his first ram.
No more details from Keith. Congratulations on your great shooting Paul.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Paul Davis shoots 39 in HP

Post by Jason »

Yep, it was some fine shooting indeed. I was going to try to get more pictures posted of the match, but got caught up in my "honey do" list as soon as I got home. For now, here's a shot of Paul getting a well-deserved match winner trophy. Well done, Paul!

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Great shooting Paul.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Congrats.. great shooting :ymapplause:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

It was pretty cool to go look at the scoreboard and see a 39 posted up there, I had a "oops I crapped my pants" momment and then found Paul and proceeded to ^:)^ in his presence. The club just purchased 15 brand spanking new rams that Paul helped procure and was asking for donations or if they were willing to purchase a ram, by the end of the match we only had four that wernt paid for. I told Paul the one ram he missed is the one he didn't buy =)) . We had 25 shooters yesterday and the weather was tolerable, patchy clouds and sun breaks with a bitter cold wind typicall northwest weather. Steve and the boys also installed a new swinger target at 200 meters and I beleive one at pigs to. It's a big tractor tire with a T1 plate in the middle, pretty cool setup. I only managed a 20 in both rifles, out late the night before and was fealing the effects :ymsick:.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Of all the times to miss a match, but I guess its my first sence 1989 that I did someone else shoots a 39 at our range. But I guess watching 3 of my target setters win the WASHINGTON STATE BOYS 2B CHAMPIONSHIP WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We are only a 1B school but had the option to go up. So we played some schools with a highschool of around a average of 150 or more. We have around 67. So its a big deal to use. So I guess I will have to raise the price of that left hand stock now. Paul shoots a 39 with it and Dennis Dadian also shot a 39 with it, I wonder when its my turn???????? I am starting to think it might just be the shooter?????????????????? I will just leave that their. Great job Paul.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

I re read this thread and have a few questions. First let me say congradulations to Paul. He is in a very small group of shooters to post such a high score in High Power. To this day, no one has shot a perfect game in HP, either gun.

The questions: What cartridge was he using ?... Bullet weights?...we know the stock but who smithed it? ...what action and barrel.....scope and power.....How long has Paul been shooting HP or any silhouette ? Details ...give us details !

It is just a matter of time before we see the first perfect game fired. I feel it is coming soon. It had better be front page news in all of the shooting publications.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:..........The questions: What cartridge was he using ?... Bullet weights?...we know the stock but who smithed it? ...what action and barrel.....scope and power.....How long has Paul been shooting HP or any silhouette ? Details ...give us details !
McAlice do I smell tehh start of another project gun in your future ;) God forbid what it it's a 6.5 =))

Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

No more guns in the near future, Bob. Especially a 6.5!! :-q I pray to the silhouette gods every nite that the last target to fall will be hit with a .284 bullet. :-bd...with me at the controls! :lol:
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Perhaps an edgumacated guess for the people who really give a darn, might be that Mr. Davis is a Washington shooter who rates at the very top rank in file of Washington's finest sporting riflemen and women.

Regardless of one's shooting abilty and preferred approach, stand up, sit down, lay down on you big old belly, just holding, examining such a rifle, capable of such awe enspiring feats, to be quite honest, is simply a mythical entity, in of and within it'self. No man, no one, could build such a Precison Target Sports sporting rifle to accomplish such tasks that were accopmplished by this fine young man.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

metalhead wrote:Perhaps an edgumacated guess for the people who really give a darn, might be that Mr. Davis is a Washington shooter who rates at the very top rank in file of Washington's finest sporting riflemen and women.

Regardless of one's shooting abilty and preferred approach, stand up, sit down, lay down on you big old belly, just holding, examining such a rifle, capable of such awe enspiring feats, to be quite honest, is simply a mythical entity, in of and within it'self. No man, no one, could build such a Precison Target Sports sporting rifle to accomplish such tasks that were accopmplished by this fine young man.
Welcome back Marv... we missed you. You are absolutely correct, it's the person steering it, even if it's a sling shot.

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

So Mr. Precision Target Sports director, what caliber?
Innocent M
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Mary...of all mythical entities that such a man as Mr. Davis may posess, a particular rifle created for a specific use, lovingly crafted, might very well now be impossible to aquire.

If I was to hazard a guess, perhaps a small but very adequate cartridge, like a .260 Remington, might be capable on a very regular basis be up to such inspiring feats of marksmanship.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

i believe Mr. Marvin is right. Paul shoots a .260. Im not sure what powder and load he uses for each but he does use hornady bullets, from what i've observed. Maybe he also uses serria bullets and has a lot of hornady pills left over from some long ago purchase,that seems to anwser any questions if horady pills shoot good. Watching Paul shoot is a real treat. Paul also won a match up at mission the weekend before last. It was in smallbore and he shoot another 39(dont know if standard or hunter) and this last weekend posted another 39 in standard class. I think he missed either a ram or pig. We are blessed to have so many good shooters and "Marvelous" gunsmiths up here in the Great North WET. I know it has helped me get to where I am now being able to watch and learn from all the great shooters up here. For any of the Washington shooters that read this; If i have ever asked your for advice or tips on shooting THANK YOU. ^:)^ and to Marvin ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I'll see if I cant get Paul to share his info at the next match I see him. :D
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Shakes, It's a good thing that you listened to those Washington shooters, other wise you would be shooting a 7mm by the advise of someone on this site that is dressed up just short of a clown suit! Go 6.5! It's just a matter of time before someone puts up a forty!
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.