Postal anyone

This is what we do.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Postal anyone

Post by Innocent »

Roger Sebasta is looking for anyone interested in silhouette postal during the 'cold winter months'.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

noob here, whats silhouette postal?
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

What are 'cold winter months'? :twisted:
E Kuney
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

I'm going to ignore all south of the M&D line, because I know they know better and are just trying to get us all Mad Jealous
Last edited by slowstdy on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Postal anyone

Post by Innocent »

FYI
A postal is where you shoot on your local (nice warm indoor range) at a paper silhouette target (TQ-15's I think), and submit the targets or scores (depending on how the match is set up) to a central location for a competition listing.

I understand the lack of cold winter months myself, to some extent but I do recognize that there are some that live in areas where it is too cold to shoot year around.

Innocent

slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Innocent:
Too cold to shoot 1/2 the year round....
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Yes i would love cheese with that wine....LOL
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

does it have to be air rifle?
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

sorry edited my post above to make it clear 22 smallbore was included.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
chunter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chunter »

I beleive you can get postal matches sanctioned/approved and can count in your NRA match booK?

I may be up in the night. Not the first time. :?:

They are great practice and gives you something to do, during those long winter months.

Roger has been running postal matches for years, maybe he can log in and give us more info?

Thanks,

Casey
-- -------- ----- ------- --

Email: Silhouette.Shooting@gmail.com
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

Nomad is NOT keen -- as you are obviously aware! Thank you very much! lol

Seriously, it's probably because we DO shoot comfortably year-'round here, but I've seen little or no interest among the locals in postal matches or anything else other than full course. (We sometimes cancel matches when there's freezing precip. Texans are dangerous on DRY roads! I don't think that 'friction' is a subject taught in Texas schools!)
We have a really fine heated/air conditioned indoor 10M range with 8 electronic target carrier stations that goes almost unused...
We've tried indoor programs etc and they've never taken off except for the air pistol silhouette bunch -- who have a weekly indoor/outdoor match on Tuesday evenings at our club that has been attended fairly well for several years now. (It's 'indoor/outdoor' because, although it's outdoors, it's shot within a 3 sided enclosure that effectively cancels the wind; and there's a privacy fence behind the shooters. It is, therefore, an 'indoor' match by the rules.) In all reality, the only thing that makes it 'outdoors' is that there's no roof. And it's unheated; so temps sometimes drop below 40F! (40F is the point at which Texans believe that all molecular motion ceases.) Of course, shortgun shooters are weird anyway! :roll: :wink:
E Kuney
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Postal

Post by Innocent »

Roger seems to be having problems getting the web page to open. So I posted the question for him.

Limey, you didn't mention your preference for cheese, a little Clemson Blue maybe? or do you require a fine Stilton?

Nomad, Texas is a big state but there are still parts of it that do creep into nasty weather areas, hey we have some cold weather (bleow 78F) here in Central Florida, occasionally. Still think I could drum up postal support from the folks that don't like to travel.

Innocent

Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

are there rules set forth for postal matches, like do I have to be at a sanctioned range with someone running the match time clocks and all that? sorry for the noob question, but is there a way to setup a range(I have access to open land) and shoot a postal match with a fellow forum member and have it count?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Postal

Post by Innocent »

Usually there are rules to follow, I'm not sure how Roger was intending to set them up but I would suspect that he would go with a having a witness, not really requiring a specific range (ie a club or public facility), but I have emailed him again with a link on this so maybe he can come forth with his thoughts on the rules soon.

No problem on the th questions, this is only an addicting game, one that makes you talk to yourself (only way to get senisble answers), spend lots of money (not nearly as much as going to DisneyWorld), be humilated in front of your friends in one match and envied in another based on your performance, which may or may not be a result of the brew or spirits that were consumed the night before a match. It does occasionally call for some crazy practical pranks to be played upon fellow guilty parties.

As for me, I've only played for the last 28 years and I still maintain my
Innocence.

Innocent

Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

possibly a way to scan the score sheets and email them to Roger would be cool as well.