How to start a SB match?

This is what we do.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

How to start a SB match?

Post by Koldkut »

The closest range to me and what I feel is going to be one of the best places to hold matches in the comming years due to urban devlopment around the other gun ranges is having problems with their SB Silhouette program. The match director out there has been having health problems and the next best guy to run the matches can't always be there. What can a noob do to assist in running matches so that they happen with consistency so we can bring shooters out?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

How do you start a SB

Post by Innocent »

Check your pm.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

You might want to get with the other person and get a schedule for one or the other of you to run different months matches. If you decide to do it you must learn how. Go to the matches and tell them you wnat to learn how. Help with the targets, help with the signing up part, the results and then how to do the paperwork for the NRA and the score book part. Don't let the part of the NRA paperwork bother you it should take less than 15 minutes for each match and less than 30 minutes to get the matches scheduled for the year. There is really not much to it but it takes a bit of dedication. It helps to go to the club meeting and try to get some interest started there. As for getting others to your matches the best bet is to go to the other matches in your area and let them know you are having them. Take and keep your match schedule handy to give out when someone asks. Include a map and maybe even a brief description of what the match is. And if you have a match scheduled BE THERE!!! There is nothing that will kill a match quicker than to have people drive a couple hours and then find no one there to run the match. Keep the matches simple and keep them fun. If you get 6 people and you are done in an hour see if they want to shoot again.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

How to start a SB

Post by Innocent »

Good suggestions for getting started. It truly does become routine.
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

start the match

Post by Jerry G »

The best way I have found to start a match is to say.

"Relay one to the line." Real loud.

Running a SB match is very easy. The NRA paper is simple. The hard part is getting someone to set up the range while you sign up and squad the shooters. It seems like everyone comes late and some want special squading. Try to hold your temper and don't run the good people away. Give everyone enought time but do start the matches on time.

Good luck with the matches.
dryfire
A Poster
A Poster

starting and running matches

Post by dryfire »

It may be a hard road at the beginning but if shooters come to learn that
matches are held on given dates rain or shine they will show up.
We have been holding SB Silh matches since 1991 sanctioned through our
Provincial association which follows NRA rules.
My partners(2) and I have sometimes been the only shooters but our
numbers have been up to 20-25 in a match. We are currently averaging
about a dozen.
Let the match coordinators know you want to pitch in and help and be
reliable in showing for every match. Dedication is the key.
Because we have become a major force in our area we have hosted
the Provincial Championships three times since starting up,have a permanent range second to none I have seen with 160 targets.
To make a long story a little longer 'if you build and run it
they will come'