.177 Marauder

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

.177 Marauder

Post by glen ring »

I like the looks of the Marauder and have read good reviews about the gun. Has anyone used one for silhouette?
Just Be Nice **==
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: .177 Marauder

Post by Bob259 »

glen ring wrote:I like the looks of the Marauder and have read good reviews about the gun. Has anyone used one for silhouette?
Glen, we have a few guys up here shooting them for both Silhouette and Field Target. They like them a lot.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I haven't used it for metallic silhouette but it is remarkable at 60+ yards for softer silhouette. I know of at least 4 in active use for pigeon control out west.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Innocent wrote:I haven't used it for metallic silhouette but it is remarkable at 60+ yards for softer silhouette. I know of at least 4 in active use for pigeon control out west.

Mary
=)) Now that's funny

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

This is my most likely candidate for an airgun purchase in the near future due to trigger/quiet/price. Does anyone have experience with setting the power lower to get more consistent shots per fill?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jason, You have mail

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

269...something about the sound of the impact and the feathers that make it a "softer silhouette".
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
isledweller
Unclassified Poster

Post by isledweller »

Glen,

I use a Marauder for both Field Target and Silhouette. My gun was one of the first 200 and has been fantastic since day one, so good in fact that Marauder #2 will be delivered today. There have been a few bad ones, but most are right on the money. If there is a problem, Crosman does an excellent job backing up their product. There was a gentleman that shot at the Northeast Regional Field Target Championship at Crosman's factory a few weeks back. He shot the entire course off-hand and scored a 51 out of 80. This bested a lot of other shooters that were shooting with harnesses and shooting sticks!

The gun is more accurate then I will ever be. There are quite a few articles available for tweaking the settings to your liking. Right now I am using Crosman Premier Heavies (10.5gr) at a velocity of around 880fps and am getting 30 good shots per fill. I know of others that are down to around 11.5ft-lbs and are getting close to 80 shots per fill.

Hope this helps.

isledweller
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

isledweller wrote:Glen,

I use a Marauder for both Field Target and Silhouette. My gun was one of the first 200 and has been fantastic since day one, so good in fact that Marauder #2 will be delivered today. There have been a few bad ones, but most are right on the money. If there is a problem, Crosman does an excellent job backing up their product. There was a gentleman that shot at the Northeast Regional Field Target Championship at Crosman's factory a few weeks back. He shot the entire course off-hand and scored a 51 out of 80. This bested a lot of other shooters that were shooting with harnesses and shooting sticks!

The gun is more accurate then I will ever be. There are quite a few articles available for tweaking the settings to your liking. Right now I am using Crosman Premier Heavies (10.5gr) at a velocity of around 880fps and am getting 30 good shots per fill. I know of others that are down to around 11.5ft-lbs and are getting close to 80 shots per fill.

Hope this helps.

isledweller
I am pretty sure that was Limey that shot the FT Match offhand. It is pretty fun and very challenging to shoot a FT match that way. Makes you realize you really don't need to sit on your butt with a harness etc etc just to knock them over especially if they are all fullsize Kill Zones.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!