Jr sized shooting vests????

This is what we do.
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Jr sized shooting vests????

Post by Pete A. »

My 13yr old (Thomas) says he want a shooting vest for Xmas like the 'big guys'. I've looked at the local shooting places and smallest size I can find is Medium mens (way too big for him) or chezzy youth camo vests.

Those who know Thomas know he's not the biggest 13yr old going (height or weight); plus his little bro' (Samuel) is starting to shoot too so I got a little "hand me down" chain going.

Any suggestions?

Pete A.[/b]
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Jr sized shooting vests????

Post by stsbuyer »

Pete,

Browing just launched a new line for women and kids. Take a look at this web page, I think that this will get you what Thomas wants.

Later, Paul

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... ype_id=055
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Pete A.: My son began shooting at barely Age 9 and was and is still at age 14 extremely thin like a Marathon runner. On good days he can shoot low 30's out of 40 to illustrate that the vest I am going to reccomend works. He has used the same Creedmoor Utility vest designed by G. David Tubb ever since he started. He has tried the Custom Winstead vests but still prefers the Creedmoor because of the way the shoulder is constructed and the overall weight. The vest has Velcro to adjust for size. Call Creedmoor Toll Free at 1-800-273-3366 Pacific time to order. They will want to sell you the stock colors Green front and Silver back but do not settle for that. They will make your vest in any combination color cordura that you wish. They use the same material and colors in their Highpower Coats. Tell them to use 3 day shipping or it will take them forever to mail it to you. We had ours made with Red and Royal Blue. There is an accent band across the back of the vest and you can have them make that out of a contrasting color even. Colors are selected by the customer but they make only one size fits all and it will be plenty small. Big guys over 170 lbs. probably have to go with the Winstead Vest. This Creedmoor Utility Vest Part #NO55($79.98) works great for kids and is designed for Silhouette.

Hope this helps!
Bobby R. Huddleston
SBRS Match Director
Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Check under hardware on the main page of steelchickens. Chris Winstead, Hardscrabble Mtn makes custom vests. Top quality great people.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop