CCI ammo

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CCI ammo

Post by 44 mag »

Not sure where you are but Grice gun shop in Clearfield PA has it in paper boxes for $229/case. Out of my weatherby and anschutz it chambers real hard but shot well. It would not shoot in the lever guns at all. A few guys at my club shoot position rifle with it and love it.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

CCI SV 0035 (paper box) and 0032 (plastic box) are identical just packaged different. Supposedly they used to be different velocities but I have both and have chrono'd both to be the same. Both shoot fine in my CZ452 and a 67' Marlin 39a Mounte. My CZ452 shoots them best when clean, the 39a doesn't care.
baldy223
B Poster
B Poster

Post by baldy223 »

I don't know if I'm discovering Americas again, but I found that CCI has these .22 target short and .22 CB short ammo which are pretty accurate (target short is better, but a bit louder and more expensive) but quiet enough to shoot in a garage. Beats dry firing for practice.
The only problem is that I have only 8 yards max distance in my garage. I have Sightron SIL which can only focus down to 10 yards, so have to reduce magnification to have clear picture. Somebody mentioned here there is some sort of adapter to remedy that, if you could post this info again that would be very helpful.