Eley For the Win!

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
fivepigs
Unclassified Poster

Eley For the Win!

Post by fivepigs »

I've always considered Eley to be a really first-rate company. Not only do they make a quality product, but they regularly support our game of smallbore silhouettes through their generous sponsorship of matches all over the country. Recently, however, something happened that caused Eley to rise even further in my esteem.

There are plenty of great companies out there that make quality products. But the thing that separates a really first-rate company from a company that's merely great, in my opinion, is the company's response on those rare occasions when a problem arises with one of its products. A really first-rate company stands behind its products. Which, I'm happy to say, is exactly what Eley did when I encountered a problem with a case of their Match EPS ammo.

The problem affected about one out of every 100 rounds. It looked like these rounds missed the crimping station or something. The case mouth was flared out to where it wouldn't enter a factory chamber. I find it a little nerve-wracking when this happens during a match, and since I bought this ammo specifically to shoot in matches, I was forced to sort through it beforehand, picking out the bad rounds. Not the end of the world, obviously, but a little aggravating considering the price I paid.

Someone at a match noticed the problem I was having and suggested I contact Eley to report it. I'm happy to say this was excellent advice because Eley really took care of me. I'd of been satisfied if they would have exchanged the unused portion (half a case) for new stuff. Or turned me on to a brick for my trouble. Well, they ended up sending me a whole new case! And this despite my having bought that defective case almost four years ago.

Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied with Eley. Not that I haven't always been, but it's reassuring to know that on the outside chance I have a problem with one of their products, they've got me covered.

Thanks Eley!

Chris Pfeiffer