My new toy for this year

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

My new toy for this year

Post by Dee »

:D Just got this new to me Walther LG Dominator in the Hunter model yesterday. It appears to have hardly been shot at all and even came with a Dust Collector :lol: Talk about a tac driving machine. After having shot almost every highend model of air rifle available I recently decided this is the one for me. Then I found out they are no longer imported so I thought I was SOL and then this one popped up on GunBroker 2 weeks ago for a really good deal. There is nothing I can find not to love about this rifle all the way around. Over the chrony it is within 2 fps shot to shot consistent :shock:

Anyway off play some more.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
quickster47
Unclassified Poster

Re: My new toy for this year

Post by quickster47 »

Very nice acquisition. You got lucky and got a great gun.

Carl
Life is good and retired life is even better!
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

What a good find. I'm jealous.
JasonPeterson
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

From the factory the regulars were a problem I heard that they could be modified to work. If you do a google search you can find out the details. I wanted one,but was afraid of the regulator problems.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

ter wrote:From the factory the regulars were a problem I heard that they could be modified to work. If you do a google search you can find out the details. I wanted one,but was afraid of the regulator problems.

Yeah I was aware of the regulator issues they had when they were first released as well as the bolt pin issue but I think all these things have been resolved. I know they came out with a fix for the earlier regs. Jeaux has the same rifle and shooting his is what made me decide this one was what I wanted. As far as I can tell from all the visual cues of the latest rifles versus the older earlier models and the serial number being within 15 of his I went ahead and got it as he hasn't had any issues with his in the couple years he's had it now. Shame it seems that Walther let those reg and bolt issues persist for to long and created a negative impression in some peoples minds going forward as with most things. From all I could find they are still very popular in Europe to this day.

So Ter I hope you didn't Jinx my Reg! :-$

Dee
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

I am a bit out of date with the rule fiasco when these first came out. IIRC they were legal for Sporter and Open class for a year or two. Those that wrote the check were setting all sorts of new National Long Run records as they sorted out the regulator issues. Those with TX200 and HW97 were none too happy. After the horse was out of the barn, the NRA banned PCP from Sporter putting this gun in the Open class only which made those who bought them none too happy. Can someone tell me where this finally ended up?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Durant7 - I had heard about that stupidity of allowing PCP rifles in Sporter class for awhile. Whoever came up with that assinine idea is hopeful far removed from making any future rule changes. All I can think is the person who made the rule change A) Never shot a PCP and Springer airgun to even know the difference or B) Couldn't shoot a springer to save their life and decided their only shot at sporter was using a PCP rifle. All those records shot with PCP in sporter class should have astericks by them and new records should be made with true sporters.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how anyone could think the Walther LG is the same as shooting a TX200.

Dee