Return Of NRA Winchester 1894

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return Of NRA Winchester 1894

Post by glen ring »

In 1971 my father bought a 100 year NRA commemorative 30-30 Winchester for me. I hunted with it and loved the gun. Years later, my father adopted a criminal life style and he, I and the rifle went three separate ways. I had recorded and memorized the serial number of the gun and later tried to find it. I knew who had the gun in 1980 and when I contacted them in 2008 I was advised the gun was gone. My grandson was born in 2008 and I wrote a letter to the family advising I would love to buy the gun if and when it was found. I didn't receive a response until the day before thanksgiving 2012.
Someone had died, someone else had been hospitalized and the person that had inherited the gun found the letter in the papers of the deceased and contacted me. I bought the gun and, after a very good cleaning and the addition of better sights, the old gun shoots better than I remembered it did 41 years ago. Of all the guns I'm willing to my grandson, I hope he appreciates this one above all others.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Return Of NRA Winchester 1894

Post by glen ring »

The rifle had been about 15 miles from me for about 20 years. before that it was about 60 miles from me. I feel very lucky to have it back.
Just Be Nice **==
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Return Of NRA Winchester 1894

Post by Bigfoot »

Very cool Glen. Thanks for sharing!
Res ipsa loquitur