Winchester 94 Commerative models

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Winchester 94 Commerative models

Post by chuck d »

There is a lot of these out there. Buffolo Bill, Winchester Centennial, Canadian, Roosevelt and a couple others. You can get most with a 26" barrel, and with the receivers representing the event they were made to honor, all look like the same rifle. Except the Roosevelt with the pistol grip stock ang 1/2 magazine.
Anyone know if in fact they all shoot pretty much the same? I am deciding which to go after- might be cool to show up th matches with a gold receiver gun (Win centenial).

thank
chuck
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Winchester 94 Commerative models

Post by cslcAl »

Chuck,

My gold plated Texas Lone Star worked pretty good for me last year. I also have a Canadian Centennial that has over 6000 rds through it, and a Buffalo Bill in the safe as a back up. They all shoot well. I have never really heard anyone complain about any of the commeratatives. Some of the last models Winchester made were troublesome with the rebounding feature. Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
deadeye dave
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Winchester 94 Commerative models

Post by deadeye dave »

I would have thought that there were the same parts used in centenials (gold plated etc) and standard rifles (blued), just being assembled in different factories , so they all should shoot the same. I have a standard winchester and a legendary frontiersman and if you could tell the difference in how they shoot you are a better man than me gunga din (australian pun).

A point to remember is that with constant use the gold, etc will wear from the sharper edges of the receiver and other parts and they start to look a bit tatty but this will not affect the performance in any way.

cheers

deadeye