Panic buying and runs on "stuff"

This is what we do.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Panic buying and runs on "stuff"

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

That is fucktarded.

What is wrong with people that they would pay that much??
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

What the heck - I need an air rifle for squirrels anyway. This is beyond silly.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

I figure silhouette attendance will be down this year. Between $4/g fuel and no reloading supplies or 22LR to be found, some folks are just going to say "screw it". As a border state to Massachusetts, I figure every Mass-hole has trekked North and wiped out every shelf. About the only thing left is Eley Tenex at $16/50. I guess the demand curve is not completely inelastic.

No primers anywhere. I stock pile 22LR but for whatever reason I only buy primers by the 1000. There have been no Large Pistol primers for 2 months. I hear Small Pistol primers are even worse. How can you get worse than ZERO!

I guess what really boils my eggs is that even paper targets have gone up. 10m air rifle targets were $8/100. I just went to get some more for our fledgling youth program and they are now $11/100 and there was just ONE pack left. Sigh. I talked him down at the register but still. It is a sad state.

I actually have a receipt from Champion shooters. March 2002, a case of Wolf MT was $155 plus $11 frt. Now that is inflation. Call it $500 landed today if you could find it. 200% inflation over 11 years. That's 18% per year. Should have put my 401k into ammo back in 2002!
Last edited by durant7 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Besides supplies running out I think that people in the supply chain are getting tired and making more mistakes. What's really weird is that cleaning supplies are running out! I understand that some low demand items will run short just because manufacturers have diverted capacity, but cleaning solvents?!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BCloninger wrote:......................What's really weird is that cleaning supplies are running out! I understand that some low demand items will run short just because manufacturers have diverted capacity, but cleaning solvents?!
I think the Admin (Washington) is buying them all up and sniffing them. =))
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

All the new gun owners new new cleaning supplies.....
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuck d »

Trent wrote:
That is fucktarded.

What is wrong with people that they would pay that much??
If I were independantly wealthy, I'd buy it and have them busted for shipping w/o hazmat- you know that is what they will do. What goes around comes around. Shooters ripping of shooters is JUST WRONG.
chuck
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Powder Valley has a few more types of primers in stock in case anyone is looking.

http://powdervalleyinc.com/

I noticed that they have Winchester Large Rifle primers in stock, if anyone uses those. All of you guys that shoot highpower with cartridges that use large rifle primers should buy a bunch of those Winchester primers and switch to those so I might actually have a chance to get some Federal 210M primers the next time they're available. =))
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I'll go back to buying Federal primers when their engineers pull their heads out of their buts and fix their packaging. Why in the world do they use those huge boxes???

I finally got my powder from them just recently. Sit'n on 16lbs of H4350 for my 6.5CM, and 5,000 Winchester LR primers. Should be good for a year and some change. Now I'm eyeballing my Varget stock and realizing I may be shooting H4350 in my 7-08 if I'm not careful.

I feel bad for all the people that just want to shoot some .22lr and can't find any cause all the crazies have cleaned it out.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I just placed an order with Champions Choice. They had my stuff for air rifles, but they did not have any CenterX. It should be in stock in 2-4 weeks. They did not have any SK, or Wolf. They did have Eley Team and red box.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I will be buying primers in 5000 piece lots from now on and also tripling my powder order. Things will calm down eventually but I am hearing it could be 18 months before that happens. Airgun ammo is still running around .02 cents per round at least. When generic .223 ammo is selling for more than twice what my 6.5x47L costs per round to load including the brass you know things are out of control.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

ter wrote:I just placed an order with Champions Choice. They had my stuff for air rifles, but they did not have any CenterX. It should be in stock in 2-4 weeks. They did not have any SK, or Wolf. They did have Eley Team and red box.
Ter, try Cathy Winstead she has Center X available and her prices are very competitive with other places.
http://www.goodshootinginc.com/index.php?categoryID=565
oldrifleman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by oldrifleman »

Yeah, I ordered 2K of the SK Rifle Match and another 3k of the Center X from her last week, her prices are fine and the service is great. Steven
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

lone ringer wrote:
ter wrote:I just placed an order with Champions Choice. They had my stuff for air rifles, but they did not have any CenterX. It should be in stock in 2-4 weeks. They did not have any SK, or Wolf. They did have Eley Team and red box.
Ter, try Cathy Winstead she has Center X available and her prices are very competitive with other places.
http://www.goodshootinginc.com/index.php?categoryID=565

They are out of stock for now. I have 10 cases of wolf and RWS, so I am set for years. I just wanted to try some center X in a new barrel.