Geco 22LR standard velocity?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Geco 22LR standard velocity?

Post by cedestech »

Anyone use? Looks to be RWS made and my rifle likes RWS well enough.....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
fwt1712
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Geco 22LR standard velocity?

Post by fwt1712 »

I used 4 or 5 bricks a couple of years ago and it shot well - no problems holding AAA scores. At that stage the Australian importer was changing and so was being sold off cheaply. It is available again, but I haven't used the newer stuff, so don't know if it has changed. However if it is as good as the older product it should be good - although only testing in your own rifle will say for sure.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Just bought a case for $550 to my door. It's made by RWS and looks just like RWS Rifle. My gun likes RWS and ELEY so if it shoots as well as eley Target or better I'll be tickled. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
fwt1712
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fwt1712 »

Did you get a chance to try out the geco?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Yes and no... so far the times I have to shoot haven't matched up with favorable conditions to actually test... in unfavorable conditons it looks to be about the same as
Eley target in my gun. I normally shoot Club which is MOA, the Target is the same but with random fliers (not bad but definantly outside of the "group" you are shooting).
Looks to be good practice ammo.

;)
rcmark
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rcmark »

Worst ammo I ever shot.
On a par with 'thunderbolts'!