Yeah, but It's a different kind of cold......

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Yeah, but It's a different kind of cold......

Post by jneihouse »

I know our northern brethren are laughing at the pics of us good ole boys down south in gloves and cold weather gear in 37 degree weather (wind WAS blowing as Blaubear pointed out so the wind chill was.....32degrees??) but you cold weather toughies come on down to the OFGC in July-August or Winnsboro in June and lets shoot a match.......In cold weather we can add clothes, but down here in the warm months you can sweat, but there is no place for it to go because the humidity is near 100 percent.......

I've shot the Nats at Ben Avery in Phoenix where it was so far over 100 it didn't matter anymore and at 3 am it was in the mid 90's and they tell me..."It's a different kind of heat, It's dry..." and I've shot the Conard Cup in what serves as "spring" in that part of the country and was almost too cold to move and they tell me "this ain't nothin'........" Guess it's all relative....You northern guys, your snow is pretty......You desert guys, well, it will be a nice place when they put in some grass and kill all the things that sting and bite....and I guess we are just a bunch of wussies here in the south....... :lol:

Anyway, thought you might like a couple of more pics from thursday afternoon's 37 degree practice..........Here is Unkmike with his new toy....BTW, the first time he shot a practice match with the pretty little thing he shot a 34/40....Unkmike is a AAA shooter and a great guy, we just got to get him to travel more.....

And here is one of Unkmike after the match, cold as a clam fresh out of the ocean with TWO blankets over his "hoodie".........as for me, I had my short sleeved "Sunshine Classic" tee shirt on and......was freezing my butt off.....

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you all on the circuit next year.....To all my friends that I have already met, and to all my friends that I haven't met yet, good shooting and blessings on you all for the holidays and in your lives..........

Kitty

BYW....Don't you hate a guy that carries a camera around??? Sorry, Unkmike.......
Commander in Chief, F Troop
unkmike7
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Yeah, but It's a different kind of cold......

Post by unkmike7 »

jneihouse wrote:Here is Unkmike with his new toy......
What does he mean "Toy"?? This new E-Mac Gun is a shootin machine!!....

Oh the weather outside is frightfull...
But the fire insides delightfull...
There's simply no place to go...
Let it snow...
Let it snow...
Let it snow.........
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It sure ain't purty bein' a Range Rat... Except for the guns of course!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Who??? Us laughing, no way John we'd never do that :wink:

The truth is, anymore, nobody would want to see any of us in our 100+ degree and humidity gear, or lack of gear outfits :lol:

You guys just keep thinking that 40 degrees is cold and sending us pictures to make us chuckle.
unkmike7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by unkmike7 »

There is really only one "kind of cold"....And that's the "Bad Kind".......
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

It was in the mid-30s today at our cowboy match with wind strong enough to knock even some of the pistol cartridge targets down. I spent a total of 20 minutes away from the fire at that match, maybe less. That was 8 chunks of time that were each 2:30 long. The rest of the time I was by the fire or feeding it. Evidently my game plan worked. Shot a 37. :)
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Congratulations on that 37!

I spent this morning up in a tree stand trying to slay another doe. The temperature was 1 degree F and I have no idea what the wind chill was, but I do know it was COLD! A big coyote came by which I shot at twice and missed. :(
Mark
_Shorty
A Poster
A Poster

Post by _Shorty »

http://www.larsenbiathlon.com/docs/Velg ... nisjon.wmv

Two types of ammo tested at "normal" temperature, and again at -20C/-4F. I'm now considering getting some Eley Biathlon for the handful of winter matches, haha.