Is a day at the range better than.......?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Is a day at the range better than.......?

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Prime rib dinner and Corona all night?....YES.....Christmas shopping?..OH YES!! you got it right. I convinced my wife that she would be better off shopping without me today and saying things like " do we have to spend that much on him this year?" That's all it took. I packed up my stuff and headed east, she headed to the mall. Christmas shopping sucks. It was a pretty nice day at CRC, light wind and warmer temps. Shot a box of 50 rounds of 7x57 out of the Ruger at the C-P-T gongs. My performance was a little off, probably due to having too much fun at my company Christmas party last night. Drinking and dancing 'till 1 am, had a blast.
You'll notice that we installed parking barriers at the range two weeks ago. We got several tons of structural steel donated to the club a long time ago by a member in the demolition business. It came from an old K-Mart that was torn down. This steel was just the ticket to convince people from parking too close or even parking under the structure in the summer time. You just know some clown would have done it. Well, hope your Sunday was as good as mine was and that you did not get dragged to a shopping mall. :) Bob M.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, You don't dissapoint. However what you and the CNC guy do until 1:00 is your business and shouldn't be posted, leaving me with that mental picture! The white stuff would have to go. Sunday we had our match in Mesa, fairly windy, got 40 rounds down range, had a good time. I ask is there a better way to spend your birthday rather than shooting?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Bob and Jim,
Now I can't agree more, a day at the range is better than shopping...but some of your other choices Bob leave room for debate. Granted Coors is not a great beer but Coronoa???? Come on man a good potato vodka or maybe even a fine Island rum would be much better.
As for great b-day presents, burning ammo is always a good one.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Well, Happy Birthday there JB! Let's see...that makes you what....71 now? :lol: Yep..few things are better than shooting silhouette on your birthday. Or any day for that matter. Yea, the CNC guy was stepping on my toes all evening :shock: Mary, the brew and booze was complimentry all night. No Coors in the place, just Corona and some fancy "hi brow"stuff in the green bottles. Hey Jim...got squirrel #500 Sat. morning. Was sitting in the bird feeder. A single shot between the eyes from my bedroom window, was DOA before gravity took over. What was high score at the HP match in Mesa?