WHAT WAS AL GORE TALKING ABOUT?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

WHAT WAS AL GORE TALKING ABOUT?

Post by Byron »

UPDATE: SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

HIGH TEMPUTURE ABOVE 60 F. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 MONTHS.

SNOQUALMIE PASS CLOSED FOR 3 HOURS FOR AVALANCE CONTROL.

RAIN BY SUNDAY NIGHT.

MORE NEWS LATER.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Ain't this hot weather a bitch?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It's more subtle than that for most of us, since it's just a couple of degrees on average worldwide. Right now it's just enough to melt glaciers and permafrost in the extreme areas and moderate winters nearer the equator. It isn't the instant doomsday some like to portray, but it's definitely changing things around here - less snow, more rain, earlier springs and later falls.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Umm.. yeah. The world is quite possibly warming up a couple degrees. It's has zero to do with humans and there's a LOT of money being wasted. Two goals that I do agree with are being accomplished, though. First, nations the world over are being pressured to produce less pollution. Second, pressure and and millions of dollars are being applied to getting the western world to be less dependent on oil, which is the Middle East's only chip that they can play in any big political game. Here's an excerpt from Senator James Inhofe, Chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, given in 2006, and a link to the whole speech.

http://epw.senate.gov/speechitem.cfm?pa ... &id=263759

[quote]I am going to speak today about the most media-hyped environmental issue of all time, global warming. I have spoken more about global warming than any other politician in Washington today. My speech will be a bit different from the previous seven floor speeches, as I focus not only on the science, but on the media
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Well said. Whether you subscribe to Global Warming or not, reducing pollution and achieving energy independence are worthwhile. The rest of it needs to be an open scientific debate, and science cannot be about popular opinion or media hype.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

There are a lot of people that would argue with you about there being less snow this year. The average temp has not increased this century and I'm not sure which scientist we should put in charge of seting the thermostat for the earth.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

We were talking about that this morning, Jerry, because speaking only for this area we're having cold snaps later in the spring but the overall winters are milder over the last forty years. We regularly break high temperatures during the winter and low temperatures in the spring, and I sure don't have an explanation.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I know the weather must have changed......when I was a kid my parents used to lecture me about how easy I had it compared to them . I had a nice school bus to ride on and they had to walk 5 miles through the snow to get to school and it was uphill both coming and going.....so, unless my parents were stretching the truth, global warming must be rapidly overtaking the south........

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

I'm sorry!

I was trying to poke fun at the poor weather we have had this winter and not politics. I have no issue with Al Gore.

Byron
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

No problem here Byron! High profile types are perfectly welcome to deal with whatever attention they attract without my help. But you did start an interesting conversation.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

I live near the shore of the defunct Lake Bonneville which once was the largest lake in North America. The lake began drying up 12,000 to 14,000 years ago leaving Salt Lake as it's remant puddle.

This was just about the time that humans showed up in North America. which proves global warming is caused by mankind. Must have been really impressive camp fires.

dwl
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Byron, dont worry Al Gore has plenty of issues of his own.

HEY I WANT GLOBAL WARMING OR AT LEAST IN COLORADO I AM TIRED OF ALL THIS SNOW WHERE, IS THE WARMING. DAMN COLD KEEPS KILLING MY FRUIT TREES AND MAKING MY AMMO SHOOT FUNNY . GIVE ME GLOBAL WARMING NOW!!!!