39A is an Assault Weapon

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

39A is an Assault Weapon

Post by GTKF »

In NY city gun owners put up with a lot of red tape; rifle/shotgun permit, registering each gun, waiting 6-9 months for a pistol permit that cost $340.00 every 3 years etc.

Last week I learned my Marlin 39A could not be registered. Reason - the police department has arbitrarily decided the 5 round limit on magazines, for autos/assault weapons, now applys to lever guns. NYC will not register any lever gun that holds more than 5 rounds.

Henry is now offering crimped tubes on their levers for sale in NYC. Marlin was not aware of the limitation and hasn't addressed it.

Our club has contacted the NYSRPA to approach the city government abut this change.

Just venting but, I gotta get out a here!

Ken
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Just another reason NYC has never seemed very interesting to me.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Another reason to be politically active. Sounds like the City thinks they are their own country. I am sure lady liberty is looking down on them and for good reason.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Well they sure know how to one thing correctly (other than tax us to death) it's how to slow down a prostitute..... it's so simple, you just put a govenor on them :-) :shock:
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Good one Bob.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I knew I should have entered politics.......

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Sounds like they're even worried about guys with lever guns coming after them...
ImageImage
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Sounds like they're even worried about guys with lever guns coming after them...
Have you seen some of the SASS guys shoot? Lever guns were the original "black rifle"

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Heh.. you should see my little Marlin 57 lever gun when we're out plinking. I don't even have to take my hand off the tang to cycle it, just flick my fingers. That thing slings bullets like a 10/22, only it does it accurately. :)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Damn GTKF you would almost get the impression someone doesn't want you doing any shooting. My leftie liberal Uncle in NYC tells me no one really wants to take away anyone's right to guns. I will have to call and ask him what flavor the kool aid was this week.

I feel for you in those communist states. Just think they like modeling themselves after the EU since they are so progressive and all. The UK just put in place a law forbidding the shipment of pellet guns from person-2-person or dealer to customer. All deals have to be in person at a dealer. This is for sub 12 ft lb pellet guns no less. They also decided it would be best to create a database for all AIRSOFT purchases. So even if you want a toy gun that shoots plastic BBs 300 fps you need to be registered. This is your future in some places if you past is any indication.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
unkmike7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by unkmike7 »

The Marlin 39A is an Assualt Weapon...Just ask the Deer in your neighborhood??......
tbone49
A Poster
A Poster

Post by tbone49 »

Please don't take any shots at a deer with a 22 rifle. :lol:
unkmike7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by unkmike7 »

I thought the 39A was a 30-30. I guess I should have said "Ask the cats...(No not cats)....Squirrels in your neighborhood"........
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

works, doesn't it?

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, New York City must have the right idea, huh? I mean, their murder rate is so low........ just like Chicago's, and Detroit's, and Cleveland's, and ....... (and on and on and on.....)...

"A free people ought...to be armed."
George Washington, 1790
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Woodchuck
Unclassified Poster

Post by Woodchuck »

I'm sure the murderers are registering their firearms. I mean if i was going to kill someone I would stop and ask the police if it was OK first. Wouldn't you?