CBC Match Saturday night door prizes

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

CBC Match Saturday night door prizes

Post by sdwooster »

Just got back from the Saturday night dinner. Food was great as always. We had a total of 96 shooters this year. Everybody went away with a prize. And this year we a had a surprize item. I was a joint effort by 3 people. It was a 1710 Anschutz with a threaded on Shilen fluted barrel and a Wooster Silhouette stock. And Mr Marvin bases and rings and floorplate. Barrel and action work donated by Mr.Marvin. Stock work donated me. Laura ( Peter) Goetsch won the rilfe. This will be hard to top next year, but we will try. Also Harry Rayment donated $900 for the project. Had some good scores. Will give update tomorrow on the match.

Steve
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Jeff59 (in my humble opinion) donated 20-some hats to the cause and I brought them out to the match. I expected to be taking half of them to JAX next week but they were gone in 20 minutes! All of the money is going towards stickers and whatever other goodies we dream up - thanks a lot for the generosity all around! The match has been excellent and so has the weather! Looking forward to the second half tomorrow! And that 1710 was beautiful!
ImageImage
edgerat
B Poster
B Poster

Post by edgerat »

that 1710 made me wish my name was Laura :P
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I hope you guys are having a good time while I set here in my hotel room in Houston.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Jerry,

We had a great match. Cathy won it with 147. Of all the times to miss the match this was the one not too. The rifle was really nice. Laura will probably shoot it in Winnsboro. If you want the results email me and I will forward them to you. Next I hope to fill it up. With only 3 spots left this time, it should be full next year. So get in the entries early. Sure missed you at the match, its been a long time sence you missed one.

Steve
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

Thanks to Steve and everyone who helped run the match. Big thanks to Harry for the large donation and Steve and Marvin for all the work they did on the custom gun that Laura won.

Byron
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Ditto...

Post by OnaginOffagin »

From a humble triple A, thanks to Steve and everyone else involved in the CBC. It is a quality event, a match of character and distinction! Loved it (except for my scores!)......
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Now with pics!

Cathy winning, everything I think. :P

A look down range before everything's knocked over.

A look down the line.

My new shooter started B but moved to A using a borrowed 541 (thanks Bob!) He had a great time, despite his obvious mental problems. :D

When they called Dave and I to the line, I knew it was divine intervention... The rivalry was alive and Dave remembered it was my turn to beat him. :wink: I'm aiming to get my hat back!
ImageImage
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

MORE!!!! WE WANT MOREespecially of me :mrgreen: Oh by the way congrats to Harrison on his 22 in his first CBC. Does this mean I'm going to have more compition at the the local matchs. Did he get the mental problems from his dad :lol:
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Yea, I'm hoping Harry drops a load of pics and vids on us as I understand he was the offical pho-tog and we were nice enough not to shoot his "crow" out there in the grass! :P
ImageImage
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Jack's hat! Remember, it was Jack's hat...that I so shamelessly tried to weedle from him last year. And, yes, I'll give it back to you at Missoula at which time I plan on winning it back and taking it home again.

By the way, I did rememeber it was your turn, why do you think I forgot to put on my blinder? It had nothing to do with my putting the gun away in the car before shootoffs. I figured after that second match I wouldn't be in contention for anything and then had to run and grab my stuff while yelling to Loren, "Wait, wait!"

Still, evey if I handed you Fourth Place (AAA) you did me good and left the Shilen barrel certificate on the table. Wow! And the scope from the raffle too!

The Conard Bernhart Cup was BEAUTIFUL this year. Who ever bribbed the National Weather Service (Harry?) did the right thing. Why, we even had sunshine on Saturday and only a touch of rain on Sunday. Only August 15th gets any better in Washington.

Sweet Innocent Mary did a great job helping me take care of Crackers. Had him convinced that I was too drunk to drive. Nonsense! We made to dinner! What a restaurant. You'll have to ask for the whole story but if you're really nice to Innocent she might tell you about the grilled oysters. Maybe.

Crackers though seemed to have won the Perry Loose Scope Award this weekend. Everyone pitched in to help him and someone lent him a scope for Sunday. Unfortunately the damage was done but Chuck worked through it. Look for him at Nationals. He's been shooting high 30s at home.

We had some new shooters this year who did really well. Faye, Harry's wife and Rachael, Harry's daughter did some nice shooting. We taped Harrison's flip flop to Rachael's stock to get her a cheek weld and her scores jumped up! Made her competative with Mom!

To everyone who came, Thanks. To those who ran the match, Many Thanks. It was great to see everyone and have a great time.

Jerry, I hope that hotel room was good 'cause you missed Keith's hunting photos.

dwl
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Steve, please send the results to me.

Dave, I realy missed Keith's hunting story this time but I did get an e-mail from him along with the pictures of both elk. I didn't miss it completly.

I hope Mary helped you with crackers.