Southern Nationals update

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Southern Nationals update

Post by duckgumbo »

I would like to let everyone know that the Southern Nationals will be up to our usual standards even after losing 75% of our Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism grant money! Winnsboro Gun Club has been working extremely hard to cut items that will NOT effect the quality of shoot that you are used to. We will not have any range improvements this year so that we will be able to offer the same quality of prizes, food and fun that everyone deserves.

One of the areas of budget cutting that we were able to do is that we will NOT host a Louisiana State Air Rifle and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Championship. We are going to host a NRA Southern National Regional Air Rifle and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Championship Match this year. What does this mean? Simply put, we will not have an official Louisiana State Championship Match and will not have a state champion or a resident state champion. We will not have a Louisiana State Postal Team.

We will have NRA Regional Shoot pins for each rifle as well as Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals for each rifle. We will also have a special pin designed for the Southern Nationals since we will not have a LSA pin. NRA Regional Match records will be available for setting

By making this cut, we will be able to offer the same quality of trophies and other parts of our match that make us unique. The food will be back up to standards as we will now have Donnie Ellerman and Donna Remedies in charge of meals instead of a caterer!

If you have any questions, please email me or call me and I can try to answer your concerns. The entry forms for the 2009 Southern National NRA Regional Air Rifle and Smallbore Rifle Championship Match can be found at www.winnsborogunclub.com.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Where's the stinkin entry form?

Post by Travelor »

Still no 2009 entry forms on the website.

????

Twilla and I are really looking forward to coming back this year.

George
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

We are waiting until the LSA meeting on March 1 to see if they are going to require LSA membership for out-of-state shooters or just have a reciprocal agreement like everyone else. If it is reciprocal, we will run a state championship, if not we will run a Regional. The price will remain the same though.

We are definitely leaning toward a Regional shoot and if someone knows how to post a poll, please put one up asking if it matters for a state championship or a regional.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Ducky... poll is posted in this forum
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)