Energy loss during a match

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I've been unsuccessful in finding it to get the title and publication number to post, but the services had a physical fitness training manual for their shooters that had a lot of Cardio routines and exercises in it for your Cardio fitness. The reasoning is the better your cardio fitness the better you are when you hold your breath when taking the shot before your heart races and the less fatigue plays into your shooting. When I was starting out in competitive pistol shooting I used this to great success.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find it and post the manual number and title.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Yoikes. Let me explain what happens when you mix a heart problem with a Silhouette match... Better yet, let my cardiologist describe it...

Last summer, matches - particularly in the heat - became nearly impossible for me because of heart troubles that had not been detected yet. If you have a heart problem, the mild physical activity, concentration, and - as Bob mentioned - breath control will trigger an episode. Every match last summer, especially the later ones, gave me tale pounding severe heart burn. Only, it wasn't heart burn...

Pay attention to Bob folks - do some cardio work. Too strong a heart beat will throw off aim, but for us sedentary office (or classroom) types, do some cross training.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I do cross train.....I run my mouth and push my luck.....

Kitty :lol:
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

jneihouse wrote:I do cross train.....I run my mouth and push my luck.....

Kitty :lol:
Yup - that always gets my heart pumpin'...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Energy loss during a match

Post by durant7 »

I agree with the OP's topic. When at big events which for me would be Pe Ell or Winnsboro, more than once I have lost the edge by the end of the match. One hot Winnsboro match after shooting air and then SB, I might have well been throwing the bullets at the animals! Building a stronger core strength is one of my goals. When I was doing a lot of biking and less shooting, my scores held up and I contribute that to being more fit.

Here are some links which I am using to improve my performance come match time.

http://www.odcmp.com/OTM/08/OTM__Oct08.pdf (page 14)
http://www.odcmp.com/OTM/08/OTM__Dec08.pdf (page 14)