Air rifle for practice

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Air rifle for practice

Post by chuck d »

I want to get an air rifle for back yard practice. I want to set up one distance and just work my hold. Want to spend as little as possible and still get good equipment.
Thinking if I go PCP, I an save on the scope, and shooting one distance won't tax adjustment consistency.
Any ideas- Thinking Benjamin Marauder- and a $100 scope.
Also what else do you need to run a PCP? seems like a lot of stuff needed to fill a PCP

Thanks
chuck
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Air rifle for practice

Post by Innocent »

Chuck, the opinions on this vary as much as the shooters do! I will say as an owner of the Annie 2002 and Fein. 601 and numerous springers the decision of what you want needs to be based on what you want it for. THe short answer for the uses have described, you will be happy with the Maurader. I have shot four different Mauraders and they are consistent in quality, remarkably quiet. A little on the heavy side for a smaller shooter (youngster) but overall a great PCP.
On the scope, make sure you get one for air rifles, again a personal perference and really should be based on what you want it for.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Finprof
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Finprof »

A Marauder is not only a good practice rifle but can be very competitive in air rifle silhouette or in field target.
Ray Appelles wins regularly in field target with a tweaked and custom stocked bullpup Marauder. Limey won the Northeast Regional field target standing class with one last year.

To me the stock is clunky, perhaps because it is ambidextrous, but a custom stock is not terribly expensive. They are very accurate, particularly for the price. You will need a pump or scuba tank to fill.

The other way to go is a TX200, for a springer.
Boris
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Boris »

Chuck,
take a hard, long look at the CZ 200 http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-116/AIR-RIFLES.aspx
Small cylinder easy to fill with pump or SCUBA tank. Adjusted to lower power for backyard practice (5-6FPE) will give you about 100 shots per fill. Excellent accuracy, trigger and ergonomics. Come with 4x32 scope of decent quality for backyard shooting.