New Toy!

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: New Toy!

Post by Dee »

The numbers look good and consistent that is the main thing. As for shot count it can vary a little from rifle to rifle and who knows for sure how much air is being put in when comparing one to another again it can vary simply due to gauge calibrations slightly varying. You didn't mention what the velocity was with what weight pellet that is going to be your determining factor. Are there rifles user adjustable for power? If so you can have it set to where your air use to shot count gets skewed because you are wasting air with no benefit. This goes for high power open guns even more so.

Finprof- We have 3 LG Hunters that shoot at our club and they are very sweet indeed. Mine gets around 60+ shots on a 300 BAR fill. Your buddy must only be filling his to 200 BAR or has the BAR aluminum tube I heard some came with. I would like to find the Maxi-tube that gives one of the guys I shoot with around 100 shots a fill at 300 BAR. It extends out further to just under the barrel weight and adds some front end heft but still holds great. The air cylinders on the Hunter are not large in volume but for their size they get a lot of shots per fill.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Finprof
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Finprof »

Hi Dee:

The shooter in my club with the LG300 Hunter fills from an aluminum Scuba tank, so I presume it is 3000 PSI or 200 BAR. I fill my LG300 target gun from the same type of tank even though it will take 4500 PSI. I still get over 300 shots per fill even at 3000 PSI.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I have a Anschutz 9003 match rifle and it gets 300 shots per 200 bar fill. Vo=525 fps with 8.2 grain pill
My Airwolf with a 500 cc cylinder gets 100 a fill from 220 bar to 140 bar. Vo=825 fps with 18 grain 22 caliber pill.
I also bought a Steyr LH110 but it seems to only get 60 per fill. It has similar number to the airwolf, but a small cylinder.