What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state champ.

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state champ.

Post by DavidABQ »

Did Dave Bonner have his way or did some girls show up and make Dave work?

Where are the match scores?
Last edited by DavidABQ on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state.

Post by Bob259 »

DavidABQ wrote:Did Dave Bonner have his way or did some girls show up and make Dave work?

I hear tell, that Dave won both. But I also heard that he didn't allow any girls to shoot this year so he wouldn't get beat by one yet again ;) :ymdevil:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state.

Post by DavidABQ »

Bob259 wrote:
DavidABQ wrote:Did Dave Bonner have his way or did some girls show up and make Dave work?

I hear tell, that Dave won both. But I also heard that he didn't allow any girls to shoot this year so he wouldn't get beat by one yet again ;) :ymdevil:
What a shame about Dave not letting any girls shoot.

Anyone know the results?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state cha

Post by Jerry G »

He did get some fan mail from his good buddy Schlutz.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry G wrote:He did get some fan mail from his good buddy Schlutz.
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Surprised that he didn't provide him a special place or award seeing they are such good buddies ;)
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I think he would have but jim didn't show up at the shoot. I guess he heard griz would be there and was afraid griz would bite his knee. :-bd
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Bob259 wrote:
Surprised that he didn't provide him a special place or award seeing they are such good buddies ;)

Maybe no one told Jim Schultz that there was a State Championship Match? :ymdevil:
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Re: What are the results of the Colorado smallbore state champ.

Post by MetalMisser »

Actually, it was not a NRA state championship.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

MetalMisser wrote:Actually, it was not a NRA state championship.
LOL, no one said it was in this thread. What a useless reply, you wouldn't happen to be Jim Schultz now would you?
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MetalMisser »

Read the title of the subject--it does say Colorado Smallbore state champ-right at the top. Now since this is a silhouette site one would logically think, obviously not you, that the dates and the postings title means just what it says. ...duh.

And the latest is Bonner (I suspect who you are) won (no girls showed) the NRA sanctioned Colorado State High-Power Championship (officially sanctioned by the NRA unlike the so-called state championship he, knowing the rules, ran in Aurora). Unfortunately the high-power discipline is dying far too quickly (cowboy is winning out--simpler, easier and less expensive-therefore more fun). Very few shooters showed up at CRC for the Colorado high-power match and worse yet one man from Illinois died of a brain aneurysm a few minutes after the awards were given out. That was a serious and very sad tragedy.

...and NO
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

LOL! You automatically seem to associate the words "State Championship" with with NRA when there is no mandatory connection.
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MetalMisser »

Actually there is when you use the words NRA combined with state championship and further combined with approved or sanctioned as in some promotional schedules like the one at Aurora where the match was held. The NRA is an association much like NASCAR or the elks club, we members do not own it. When you link them as was done to promote a match you follow their policies. It is pretty simple, how about you calling the NRA and the competitions dept (main number 703-267-1000 and then ask for Shelly in competitions). Then if not happy with what you will hear there go to legal dept or probably better the Silhouette Dept. extension 1465. You can also call the Colorado Shooting Sports Association. This all should help, David.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Metal Misser I am not sure who you are but I am sure that David ABQ is not David Bonner as I know both gentlemen.
Now, I am fully aware that you are extremely bitter that there was a match listed as CO State Smallbore Championships hosted which was not approved by the NRA or the NRA state association in CO. FOr those of us that have been match directors for many years, especially dealing with the Silhouette department at the NRA.
As a former match director, and current NRA state association director ( for over 20 years) I can say that the NRA has done nothing to encourage silhouette, so any person willing to take the time to host such an event should be thanked not chastised to the extent that you are and have been doing on this site. And yes I have shot Colorado state smallbore in the past run by both David Bonner and others both at Aurora and CRC. If you are so bitter then please take your bitterness out on those that have made the process of accredating a match so difficult to do that it is not worth the effort.

Mary Watkins
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
MetalMisser
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MetalMisser »

Not bitter at all and I did NOT make this personal, but let's push on that some. I am glad I did not apply for it as I was out of state and as it was not the real deal. I find it interesting that so many of you answering the various threads on this site don't either read the person's original post or understand what is being said and then turn what you think you read into snippy or bitter little rants that fit your personal scenario of what you THINK is being said. It is in print-read it don't try to interpret or insert your own little position in what is in print. So I will hit this harder and regardless of how Bonner is such a great guy and done so much in this sport--as have so many others have but few recently (including him) and that is why it is shrinking at the rate it is.

The bottom line, and let's try this again, is he advertised, promoted and ran a match promoting a NRA state championship in which he absolutely knew was NOT a legitimate NRA state championship. He did not notify or tell others who went to that match, did not inform the state, did not inform the NRA, so those who paid the fees and competed for two days have not yet learned (unless they read this stuff) it was nothing more than a club match. That is the extent of my position. If the competitors were happy to shoot it knowing afterwards it was not proper, that's cool, but they should have had that opportunity to know before they took two days and the expense and time involved. He is plenty experienced an he knew exactly what he was doing--and now so does his club as he is now off its board of directors--their 1,000 member membership had enough fun with him too.

Regarding the NRA and silhouette. If you think this sport is being ignored then let the NRA competitions director, Dennis Willing know-he only has about 100 different disciplines and 400 categories to manage and most are far less troublesome. Silhouette disciplines are shrinking due to inbred and hostile thinking and remarks of the kind in this and other post, a true lack of local promotion, and attitudes of competitors when new people show up to try it. So for those of you griping about your state's association, get in there and fix it. And if you do not want to be a part of it or the NRA and want to run wildcat matches, do so, they are fun like the super long range silhouette rifle bench matches invented at Ridgeway. Just don't go around saying your match is an NRA state championship when it isn't! This is not rocket science.