Just one more....

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Just one more....

Post by shakes »

One more masters score and I'm there, at least in hunter class. Just thought I'd blow my own horn. Started shooting silhouette back in Nov. of '06 and allready have two masters scores. Just got to AAA in standard class. I'm really suprised how fast I got there, natural I guess. I just hope I dont get my third masters score before the Conrad Cup, who am I kidding it would be awesome to compete with all the masters that are going to be there. Practice, Practice, Practice. Thanks to all
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Woohoo! Another resident of "no more trophies" land with me. Congrats, or condolences, as the case may be. :) It does suck to know I won't be in the hunt to win anything at the Conard Cup, but I still feel all badass seeing my name in the list with Winstead, Perry, Imas, etc... 8)
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

But the real fun is, of course, in the climb, not the peak! Or so I tell myself...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Congrats!!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

Matt:
Nice shooting! See at Tacoma on Saturday.

Byron
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Your a fast learner, Congrats
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

OK now I feel really inferior especially after this weekends scores OUCH!!
jeff59
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jeff59 »

kevinpagano wrote:OK now I feel really inferior especially after this weekends scores OUCH!!
Kevin, don't feel too bad, there was just a little bit of wind at Aurora last weekend.
I'd guess gusts somewhere in the mid 20's during the second match.

All of my hits were high speed drive bys. I think the standard class match winner was 26 or 27.

Jeff
NewAZShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by NewAZShooter »

Excellent shooting! Don't hold back. Go get that last master score and strut on out to the match while the rest of us peons whisper and belly ache about all the stiff competition. Congrats. Master is the ultimate goal and you're almost there. Quite an acheivement!
~JW

Love it when those chickens fly!

CZ 452 Silhouette
Ruger 10/22 W/ Clark Custom Barrel, B&C Anschutz Style Stock
Interarms Mark X 30.06
Browning BuckMark .22LR
T/C .22 LR, .22 Hornet
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Congratulations, Shakes! What next? Standard and then on to high power? Inquiring minds want to know...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Shakes, keep up the good shooting if you expect to win anything against all those fine shooters that live in Washington state.

Living there is a definite advantage over those of us that have to travel great distances to find good competition and with the exception of the winter months you guys have several months where its possible to shoot perfect scores. I envy you
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Thanks guy's. I plan on shooting for master in standard class as well, high power maybe. There's too much for me to do on the weekends, my harley gets a little jealouse when she doesn't get the attention she needs. :roll: I have been thinking about high power more and more though. Its nice to shoot with all the talented people we have up here in the NW, and we pretty much shoot all year round, just hurry back to the stoves(in winter) when your relay is done. One of our talented master class shooter puts on a clinic and I plan on attending to get some more insight and tips. I would like to attend nationals in '09 and being a master would mean alot. This year I allready have used up vaction and its hard to get extra time off when your the only person who can do what I do where I work. Thanks agian to everbody in the steelchickens family.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Shakes, you might have to change your name to: ......."No Shakes"......"Shakes Very Little"....."Shakes Less"....."Controlled Shakes".....,also, tighten up the wobble area on your avatar. NICE ACHEIVEMENT!!!! Yeah, you got to get into HighPower.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Shakes?! Who's he kidding. Notice that the reticle never leaves the chicken? Maybe he should be called....Sandbagger!

Congrates on movin' up. Why don't you take Mordecai with you so I can get a trophy now and then.

dwl
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

SHAKES

Post by Byron »

SHAKES:

You need to think outside the box. Kill two chickens with one shot. Ride the Harley to the Nations. Both you and the Harley will be happy. Paint naked ladies on your gun to match your bike :D this should make tech inspection fun. Convice your boss to sponsor the trip to Nationals where his company might be seen on National T.V.. If you do end up on T.V. ask for a raise. Write stories for both biker and shooting publications. Take the NRA dollars you'll win and donate them to Hillery. Appear on Saturday Night Live. The sky is the limit.

Byron
Last edited by Byron on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.