Well, Well, Well

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Well, Well, Well

Post by Jim Beckley »

I just got my copy of Febuary's Shooting Sports and my name is still in it for running the match in Mesa. I e-mailed the NRA in August and told them that I was no longer the Macth Director there. Since then I have received the packet approving the matches and two packages of score books equaling 20, when I only asked for 10. I swear if there was a business in the private sector that was operating like the Silhouette Dept. it would have went under about 10 times now, if not more.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

For 2 years I've included email in our application and followed with an email to make the correction. Still nothing

NRA Silhuoette leaves alot to be desired

Ken
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Do you think they sit around the office and ask each other what this "silhouette" thing is they keep getting emails about? :lol:
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jim, if the people at your club did not change the pertinent information regarding the matches and left you as the go to person then everything stays the same otherwise the new MD gets the package that include grand slam and match report forms plus classification books. All that should go to the address of the new MD. Ask him to show you the NRA's paper work and if still shows you in charge go through your club to make the change. Greg is not going to do anything just because you sent him a personal Email.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Tony, The X-Pilot is the MD now. The Silhouette Dept. is right on the ball with his info also. I called him the other day and told him I had his books, not 10 but 20, and he said that he had sent in his match report for October, the Silhouette Dept. sent him a letter with a match report card, requesting October's match results. Jimbo sent it in and then he got a call wondering why he sent two reports in for October.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jim, I know they are not on the ball like we would like them to be, I was just suggesting a reason why they were still showing you as the MD for Mesa.

As far as match reports go the envelope shows a different department in charge but since I did not want to send two different letters I always sent my correspondence to the NRA with the classification book's flaps, grand slam forms and match reports to the silhouette department and I never had any problem with them not forwarding them to the right person. Now and then we would cancel a match and if I did not send a match report telling them that, Greg would call and ask me about it.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Tony, I have only been in the Connor era, I know that there was a gal running things before Greg, I heard that she put a round through the club house at Ridgway, but you have been around awhile, how was it before?
TXCharlie
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TXCharlie »

Nancy did that at Whittington... in the trailer.. Several mistakes by 2 people caused that one. Very loud standing on the steps, guess I was not aware we needed hearing protection for a rifle inspection.