Southern Nationals Regional update

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Southern Nationals Regional update

Post by duckgumbo »

It is now official that the 2009 Southern Nationals will be a NRA Regional Match. This will allow us to have the NRA Regionals pins as well as the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals that the NRA furnishes.

We waited until the LSA met to make this decision. The annual membership meeting was yesterday and due to the fact that the LSA membership requirement is still in effect, we have made the decision to go to a regional match. It is my understanding that the new LSA Board is comprised with a majority of highpower shooters and that most of them are from the same gun club.

The official program will be ready for mailing and to go online by the first of April. Please send me you mailing address if you would like to distribute programs at matches for us and save us a little postage since our state funds have been drastically cut. We are NOT cutting any corners regarding the quality of this match for our competitors. We look for this to be an even better match than in the past.

I have not had the opportunity to talk with Jerry Tureau, but I am sure that he will have a Louisiana State Smallbore Silhouette Championship. I also do not know of a date or place for that match.

If you have any questions, please email me or call me.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop