Scope Power

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
old sparky
B Poster
B Poster

Scope Power

Post by old sparky »

I have a air arms 400 with a 10 power weaver. Lately shooting in the garage 40' @ silhouette targets I get frustrated because I just cant hold on target. I end up not shooting as much as I would. It makes me think I should get a variable scope and shoot lower magnification. I shoot a 6.5 x 20 EFR on small bore and would like another but have too many irons in the fire to spend that kind of money for my BB gun. What power magnification do others use.
thanks
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Scope Power

Post by Bob259 »

I picked up a Leupold 6.5x20 from the sale section on this site for my air rifle at a reasonable price so keep your eyes open in the for sale section.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

If you have a few coins to spend you should look into the Barska line from China. While not Leupold etc they do the job well and I dialed the hell out of one on my 10m rifle for several years and still have it. Mine is 6.5x20-50mm with target dot that is slightly bigger than a 1/4" dot probably between .25 and .375". They make one that is up to 40x with a dot as well. Mine was around $50 delivered. Cheap Chinese scope but they seem to work ok with ok glass.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
grey8833
Unclassified Poster

Post by grey8833 »

Sparky:

You could try the 6.5-20x44 Airgun Preimum from Swift. Good glass. Price is right from Adorama. I shoot one from an HW97k and I like it.

Mike F
austin870
B Poster
B Poster

Post by austin870 »

I would go with a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40mm if you like thicker crosshairs or a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 if you want something compact and light with fine crosshairs. Both are under $200 have great glass, clear AO down to 10yds and are extremely well proven on magnum springers. Any more than that and you are buying a bunch of high end power and glass clarity you will not use. You can easily use 14 or 15 power for BR off a rest at your distance. The Weaver V series is also excellent for closer to $300 or maybe $225 used.
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

When Small bore Hunter class went up in overall weight I switched from a Weaver T15 fixed that was needed to make the old weight to a 6.5x20 Leopold.

Put the 15 Jap Weaver on my Walther Single Stroke, Been on it 10 plus years now without a problem. Those fixed power first T's Weaver imported are not expensive used. see them time to time just over 100 bucks. 15 is a good power for me indoors I want to see my wobble area. Sometimes outdoors I will crank my 20 variables down but not often, generaly when a lot of wind is up.

Boats
still_learning
B Poster
B Poster

Post by still_learning »

My wife is somewhat closed minded about letting me shoot the length of our upstairs hallway. Hence, she has contained me to my office, which is about 16 feet long. I use a 3-9 bug buster scope on an FWB300s set on 9x. Works well for reduced (pellet size) targets at close range.
12Shot
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 12Shot »

I also have a FWB300s and want to put a scope on it. Does anyone have any experience with the Leapers 5th gen 4-16X50AO? Is this OK for my FWB?