Las Vegas

This is what we do.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Las Vegas

Post by dwl »

I'm being exiled to Las Vegas on a business trip. I can't avoid it so the question becomes, is there any silhouette shooting going on in the Vegas area?

dwl
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I would try Cheeta's Topless Lounge or Crazy Horse too. Maybe the Palomino Club......I've never found any silhouette shooting there, but you never know when a match will break out........

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

I did finally connect with a small bore shooter in Las Vegas (if you know what a Vega is you would want them all to stay lost), Mike Simoneaux. This yer cousin Duckgumbeaux? Nice southern boy lost in the heart of the desert.

Mike said that there used to be smallbore silhouette but the group kept getting smaller and smaller until the last couple of guys gave up. Now they shoot smallbore benchrest.

There is a range there in Vegas up by Redrock Canyon. I drove by but it's a club range and the gate was always locked. It appears to have nice facilities and Mike assures me that there is room enough for campers and RVs.

Looks to be a good situation if someone wanted to to organize the Winter Nationals. Be kind of a nice central location for everyone in the West and you know the planes fly in from everywhere else. The weather would be decent weather for a late fall or early spring shoot. Those who like Vegas can stay in town and those of us who loath it we can stay out at the range.

Anyone interested in a Winter National in Vegas besides John and me?
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Weather is always good at Cheetah's........
Commander in Chief, F Troop