Backyard Practice Range

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
jdp
B Poster
B Poster

Backyard Practice Range

Post by jdp »

I made some Air Rifle swingers out of scraps of steel and mounted them on small pallets. I have them set at 20, 30,36, and 45yards.(also have a smallbore chicken with the ram at 45) Where I had to put them is a little down hill, but have no trouble picking up any of the targets. Jason came buy the other day and wore me out on them. A lot of fun and hopefully it will help me with my smallbore. The first picture is what they look like standing on the edge of my patio, looking down through the trees. There not real pretty, but are to exact scale and distance. Its real nice to be able to go out and shoot whenever I feel like it.
John Peterson
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Backyard Practice Range

Post by Trent »

I think they look GREAT!
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I was shocked when I went over his house. He built an awesome little range. All he needs now is a PCP. :-bd
JasonPeterson
RickNW
B Poster
B Poster

Post by RickNW »

NICE, I bought some resetable Air Rifle MS Targets; but have looked for swingers- easy to setup and take down for evening fun shooting. I have a green area behind my house that I mow and maintain a 55 yard shoting lane- mostly for FT practice. I open up the double fence and shoot off my porch, good for afternoon practice/tuning sessions. It would be nice to shoot smallbore too; but hey better then always needing to go to range.
RickNW
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Those targets look GREAT! That gives me some ideas now on making my swingers! Thanks for posting!!!
Just Be Nice **==
jdp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jdp »

I got the patterns by printing air rifle targets from the NRA web sight. The chicken, pig, and turkey are 3/16" thick steel. The ram and S.B. chicken are 1/8" steel. My first set of targets were all 1/8".That was a mistake. My AA TX200 kept denting the chicken and pig. After about 30 rounds the chicken was cup shaped and the pig was starting to cup, so I remade them out of 3/16. The first turkey didn't hang right so when I remade it I also used 3/16". The steel behind all of the targets is also 3/16". The swingers are pretty much useless without the steel background. There is no way to keep up with changing conditions if you can't see exactly where your shots are hitting.
John Peterson
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

hey John,

yeah, your turkey looks new cause you made a new one.....mine looks new cause i cant hit it. nice work, they look amazing

dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Very nice! I'm jealous that you're in the country and can shoot. My lib neighbors would call the police and have my rifles confiscated.
- Joe